Vent Direction Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Vent Direction Problem

Costa
02-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Hello all,
I am having a problem with my blower direction switch.
When the weather is cold outside, my vents won't switch to the different positions. Sometimes they will switch, but not fully. For example, I will put the direction to blow air on the front window, and it will blow out of the front vent instead (or half and half).

But when the temperature is mild outside, it seems like I can switch positions no problem.
What can be causing this?

Thanks,
Costa

ssc116
02-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Vacuum hose

My Wrangler had this issue and a vacuum line was off. You may have one with ice in it.

Costa
02-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Is there any way of check this out? I'm not familiar with how the vent system works.

I also forgot to mention...when it works normally, I can feel the tension on the knob between the positions...like a silent click click feeling.

But when it's cold, the tension on the knob seems to be gone....more like a free turning switch....kind of like the heat/cold knob.

zzlcnwasp
04-03-2010, 01:41 AM
Got the same problem on my GA GT 02, heard a bang in the car while driving, and realized the day after that I had no air in car, with the knobs without tension, turning freely, no hot, no cold, nothing anymore...
Checked the undercarriage, didn't see anything loose, everything looks OK, need help trying to understand what broke, and how to fix it. No light on dashboard, everything else is fine.

PhantomLover007
04-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Something inside the dash I think.

zzlcnwasp
04-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Something inside the dash I think.

Hey there PhantomLover007, I would think the same since I looked again the undercarriage and saw nothing loose or broken, then looked under the hood really good and saw nothing broken or detached, all hoses are in place, hooked tight, the belt is spinning and I let the engine run idle, reaching the 210 degrees, and the radiator fans started exactly the way they are supposed to, cooling off the engine. So i looked at everything and saw no visible damage which could explain the BANG I heard in the car and the loss of Climate Control Ventilation. The knob to direct the air is working properly, I can hear the changes when switching to MAX or other positions, only the speed knob isn't producing anything, the knob to start the vent with 1 2 3 4 5 speeds; Still have to check the fuses, but this would not explain the BANG noise I heard...
Any suggestion would be welcomed here.

zzlcnwasp
04-04-2010, 07:03 PM
This is the Blower Resistor, as explain in the very good thread:
[URL="http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1346."]HVAC 1, 2 Not working - Replacing the blower resistor
Working on it today but got stuck because of the location of this thing. I need a tool just the head of the Universal Joint, 7/32 a swivel, will get at the store on Monday.

juanvan
04-08-2010, 01:42 PM
I just had the same problem, and it was due to the hose in the pic.
It came out when I was changing the thermostat

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c346/juanvan/HVACHose.jpg

I would check that first.