SES light - HIgh Voltage???? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : SES light - HIgh Voltage????

Jake
02-20-2009, 05:01 PM
THrew a ses light so my buddy scanned it and it was throwing high voltage codes. THe fuse under my hood is also blowing (60A fuse) I do have 2 batteries in my car and the back battery has a 160A fuse on it which has never blown, I have never had a problem the past 2 years until now. I noticed the lights were also dimming at idle so I figured the voltage regulator was going out so I put in a new alternator and cleared the code, 2 days later the fuse blows again and it is throwing high voltage codes again. A guy here at work just tested both batteries and the alternator and everything is reading normal so we are kind of stumped.. Voltage appears normal on my volt meter but sometimes goes to about 15.4-15.5, slowly though, and if I turn on my system it drops to normal. any ideas?

Jake
02-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Both the mechanic here and my dad thinks it has something to do with my PCM because I never had problems with that fuse blowing until about 2 days after I put my tuned pcm back in.

tenspeed
02-20-2009, 08:39 PM
What position is that 60A fuse in? My biggest fuse is 50A and that's for the ABS.

Jake
02-20-2009, 09:31 PM
What position is that 60A fuse in? My biggest fuse is 50A and that's for the ABS.

It's the fuse coming off my battery. I used to have just 1 battery and that was the fuse between my battery and amp. And when I got the second, the 160A fuse got put on there as well so theres 2 on the same wire. Cuz I got a bigger amp, therefor the bigger 160A fuse.

Jake
02-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Not going to be able to put my stock pcm in until monday now... any ideas?