AutoMeter Temp gauge install [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : AutoMeter Temp gauge install

Hotrod6
02-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Has anyone installed an aftermarket temp gauge in a GA?..Im needing to know how/where to hook the sensor,do i use a *T* like one the oil pressure sending unit or just replace the stock sensor with the autometer one? My oem gauge isnt working,but i dont want to have a svs or ses light..2001 GT

KhellendrosxS
02-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Unless you already have the gauge have you compared the price of a new stock sending unit? It would probably be cheaper to just replace the one that is there now than to buy an extra gauge.

Hotrod6
02-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Unless you already have the gauge have you compared the price of a new stock sending unit? It would probably be cheaper to just replace the one that is there now than to buy an extra gauge.

Yeah i just bought a new stock sensor the other day,but im installing a 3 gauge pillar and bought a temp gauge so thats why i was wondering..Thanks

KhellendrosxS
02-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Well, Ive never had to touch that sensor but it you can put a 'T' off of it then that would probably be the way to go. Personally, if I had a working stock sensor for the coolant temp Id get a different gauge like oil pressure or transmission temp.

Hotrod6
02-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Bump