went to german castrol.. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : went to german castrol..

350rs
02-24-2009, 03:02 PM
runs fine and starts better. but now ive got a strange gurgling sound after i turn the car off and wait a few seconds with the radio off i can CLEARLY hear it. all it sounds like is oil going back down into the crankcase but im curious how many of you have this same problem? Ive never ran this light of a oil and it kinda concerns me, but if this is normal then alright no big.

nickofcourse
02-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Nope, I just run mobil 5w-30 and everything is fine on my end. I dont get a boner researching oil and i couldnt answer your gurgle question.

darkshines
02-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Just recently I noticed the gurgling sound as well. Like you said, it sounds like a liquid is flowing into a tank (oil into the crankcase).

I'm not sure if it's always been there or if I just noticed now.

350rs
02-24-2009, 06:23 PM
never said anything about boners but ok..

i use to run mobile 1 5-30 but since i found out its not that good anymore, i went to something that is still good for the same price. However this is a lighter weight and now i hear that..

Mike Jung
02-24-2009, 07:27 PM
... Ive never ran this light of a oil and it kinda concerns me, but if this is normal then alright no big.
i use to run mobile 1 5-30 but since i found out its not that good anymore, i went to something that is still good for the same price. However this is a lighter weight and now i hear that..
The Castrol Syntec 0W-30 is actually a thicker viscosity than Mobil 1 5W-30.

It ISN'T lighter weight !!!

350rs
02-24-2009, 08:51 PM
ok whatever dont go freggin nuts. SORRY!

Do you actually have a answer or you just gonna harass me?

Malaclypse
02-25-2009, 12:57 AM
350rs, your issue isn't oil related. If oil is flowing back to the crankcase, you won't hear it reguardless of what you're driving.

What you're likely hearing is the refrigerant in the A/C system equalizing pressure on either side of the orifice tube. That will definitely make a gurgling sound when you shut -any- vehicle off. You may or may not have paid attention to that noise before your last oil change, but its always been there.

Also, as Jung said, German Castrol tests closer to an xw40 when its warm. So technically the weight of oil has only gotten thicker.

350rs
02-25-2009, 07:32 AM
i just thought it was strange cause ive never once noticed it untill after i changed to this oil. but if thats all it is, then good deal.