Baaaaad Battery... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Baaaaad Battery...

tctr13
02-27-2009, 09:37 AM
not a question just an FYI in case someone else runs into what i've gone thru for the past day...

story goes like this... '99 GAGT...

tried to start the car one day and all we got was a click click click...

check battery, it was dead... wouldn't charge either...

bought a new one... knew the alternator was on it's way out too so grabbed a new one with the battery...

put it all in and still wouldn't turn over... was only getting one click this time too...

checked voltages across the batter and at the starter... 11-11.5V... tried to boost and no dice...

pulled the starter, took it to an auto electric shop... they said it was pretty weak but should have still worked... grabbed a reman one since I was there...

put in the "new" starter and still just a click... getting ready to /wrists... :)

tried to boost again... still nothin'...

did some reading, found a similar situation with someone and their VW... new battery, new starter, just a "click"...

so, in the article i found with the VW, the guy says he heard from someone else to try a boost but to completely bypass the new battery...

at this point i'm like meh, why the hell not...

connect the booster cables to the battery cables, took the new batter right out, turn the key and VOILA!!!

lemon battery... wouldn't even let the car start with a boost...

took the "new" battery back, yelled at the manager and took home my new batt... installed it and fires up quite nicely now...