Odd Starting Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Odd Starting Problem

Sir_Spanky
03-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Hi everyone,

Sorry for long post ...I have a 99 Grand Am GT and recently have had an issue with starting.. originally the issue was the car would turn over but not start and then the passlock security light would come on after 1st try stranding me for 10 minutes, usually I would try to start it again and give it alot of gas and it would get going and ocne it warmed up this was not an issue , brought this to mechanic who change the camshaft position sensor and o2 sensor ($440 ) , car seemed to start up at garage and ran alot better ... NOW the issue is the car will not start unless I give it extra gas , if I do not it starts up and then turns off almost immediately (passlock security light does not turn on though ) if I give it a bit of extra gas during this first 5 seconds of startup it will stay started and run fine.. starts up again fine if car is still warm ... anyone have any idea's my mechanic says fuel pressure / pump is fine , no codes coming from computer and is out of idea's, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

ga2001gt532
03-18-2009, 04:22 PM
fuel pressure regulator

Sir_Spanky
03-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Ended up being the passlock , even though the security light never came on, disabled and fires up every time now , makes no sense but it works !