clockspring please no [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : clockspring please no

irondiezl3
03-24-2009, 09:30 PM
please tell me that the piece the spring in the multi switch touched to make your horn work is rwplceable without buying the entire clockspring? i bent mine by mistake by not depressing the multi switch spring please tell me i can get just the metal horn ring without paying for entire clockspring?

Lab Rat
03-25-2009, 05:33 AM
Don't think it's separate. I have been there. If you did not break it you should be able to bend it back into shape. It is not a tight tolerence fit. Mines been working fine for several years.

KhellendrosxS
03-25-2009, 06:35 AM
I think the issue you are describing is that you bent the metal ring that the pin touches?

If so, you can try to bend it straight by squeezing the rolled edge between some needle nose pliers. I dont believe that ring is part of the clockspring itself and is actually buried on the column further back than the clockspring. It is a real PITA to get to and to put back together if you have to replace it.

Let me know if you need help with getting the wheel off. You probably wont need a wheel puller if you do.

Malaclypse
03-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Yes. If I'm hearing you right, you're talking about the Turn signal cancel cam. Its a $20 nothing part available at the dealer. You do have to take off the lock plate to get there though so you better get a lock plate depressor and a set of picks.

PhantomLover007
03-25-2009, 09:06 PM
I think the issue you are describing is that you bent the metal ring that the pin touches?

If so, you can try to bend it straight by squeezing the rolled edge between some needle nose pliers. I dont believe that ring is part of the clockspring itself and is actually buried on the column further back than the clockspring. It is a real PITA to get to and to put back together if you have to replace it.

Let me know if you need help with getting the wheel off. You probably wont need a wheel puller if you do.

Aren't you selling one?

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1066432&postcount=1

gtsouth
02-12-2013, 06:26 PM
I know this post is old but I need some help. I have my airbag, steering wheel and clock spring off. Now right before the turn signal cam there is a metal piece around the column. How the heck do I get it off? Pry it?

unchained_01
02-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Please take out the airbag fuses and unhook the battery
And the cam is a press fit

RicRo
02-17-2013, 08:49 PM
unchained... U have a photo gallery of your car posted anywhere?