noise after lowering car [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : noise after lowering car

cdayeh
03-25-2009, 12:31 AM
i installed eibach sprgs and kyb struts, then the right side started popping so i changed the mount was good for few days then started making noise again. i sprayed it with lithium grease noise stopped for a couple weeks then started again. grease not working any more. i'm thinking of ordering two kyb strut mounts maybe theat will help? any ideas?///??? thanks

Lab Rat
03-25-2009, 06:26 AM
I replace the mounts about 6 months ago. Nice and quiet for a time, not any more. I need to fab a bracket to hold the springs so I was gonna relube. Please let us know if the KyB's work any better. My last ditch effort was gonna be to add a grease fitting. Some may already have that thou. The duralast ones I got do not have that fitting.

cdayeh
03-25-2009, 10:16 AM
is this problem only with the eibach springs? if it is i'll go ahead and get different springs. it's very annoying to have spent all that money and now it makes noises that weren't there before. how about sprint? or h&R? or canuck? anyone knows???

Lab Rat
03-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Sorry, I got Eibachs. No idea about the other brands.

cardude007617
03-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Sorry, I got Eibachs. No idea about the other brands.

me too. no noises.
did you install everything correctly? maybe its a steering component thats worn out

cdayeh
03-25-2009, 11:19 AM
everything is right and tight. the noise is only on the right side. i'm going to order the kyb mounts today, and maybe sprint springs. wanna lower it a little more. hopefully that will do it.

KhellendrosxS
03-25-2009, 12:10 PM
If you decide to sell your Eibachs let me know. I have a friend who was interested in a set and if he doesnt take them I might.