parking lights go out while driving [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : parking lights go out while driving

GranGT05
03-30-2009, 08:24 PM
sometimes when i go somewhere at night my parking lights and dash lights go out and my service vehicle soon light comes on,sometimes they come back on on there own and last time i had to stop and cycle my key on and off and on a few times and they came back on. I guess i will see if there is a code stored in the body control module as i was told that the service vehicle soon light is related to that module.

GranGT05
04-01-2009, 09:25 PM
This happened again last night, I went to back up and the darn parking light went out, I got out and opened the hood and fiddled with the under hood fuse box,they came back on.also noticed that this is effected the keyless entry parking lights flashing when u lock or unlock the car they do not flash.

ga2001gt532
04-01-2009, 09:39 PM
your alternator could be shot not enough power to run the lights at night or bad battery

GranGT05
04-14-2009, 07:26 PM
when I drove my car to florida i left early as it was dark, had no problems with lights, I got into florida as i drove in the dark for 3.5 hours or so and no problems, when i was down in florida It acted up as the park lights went out in the morning when i started it and the service vehicle soon light came on. I removed the under hood fuse box and turned it side to side and put it back in, It still done it, so I switched the horn relay with the auto parklamps relay and they seemed to work fine there after even after driving back home 1150 miles and they are still working fine, the horn works fine to so not sure if it was the relays or a connector in the fuse box itself?????.

Haughee
04-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Check your ground as well. I had a weird problem with my headlight and my ground connection was all corrored and was screwing up everything. Its near the Airbox, follow the wire to the black box, thats where my problem was.