DDM tuning 35/55 watt package? Who purchased? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DDM tuning 35/55 watt package? Who purchased?

stillriza
04-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi Guys,

Someone on here had posted they had purchased a DDM tuning kit with ballasts and also mentioned the lifetime warranty on both bulbs and hardware.

I can't recall who it was.. I wanted to know which kit they went with...whether the 35w or 55w kit for their headlights.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/products/DDM_35W_55W_Slim_Ballast_HID_Kit-101-60.html

gaowners32
04-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Hi Guys,

Someone on here had posted they had purchased a DDM tuning kit with ballasts and also mentioned the lifetime warranty on both bulbs and hardware.

I can't recall who it was.. I wanted to know which kit they went with...whether the 35w or 55w kit for their headlights.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/products/DDM_35W_55W_Slim_Ballast_HID_Kit-101-60.html

That would be I.

I got the 55w kit and OMFG is it an improvement over 35w. You will have to run a larger power source so I suggest getting the wiring harness. And I would def go with a higher rating because I got 4300k and it is very bright but I wanted that extra hint of blue. So if you want the same get 6000k which will look like 5300k around that area.

stillriza
04-01-2009, 04:40 PM
That would be I.

I got the 55w kit and OMFG is it an improvement over 35w. You will have to run a larger power source so I suggest getting the wiring harness. And I would def go with a higher rating because I got 4300k and it is very bright but I wanted that extra hint of blue. So if you want the same get 6000k which will look like 5300k around that area.

That is exactly what i wanted to know. Perfect!

So what you are saying, if I want a 5000k colour I should go with 6000k. And If I want a 4300k colour, go with 5000k becuase of how damn bright those lights are. That was the part that confused me on their site.

I was actually looking at the 4300k. How are those? Yellowish in colour, like the stockers or still much whiter? I dont want it too white or with blueish. Any pics at all?

And by running a larger power source, you mean just picking up the wiring harness they are selling, i dont need to upgrade anything else, correct? I'd imagine the 55w hids still draw less power than the stock halogens. Any info is much appreciated.

DrFabulous
04-01-2009, 04:54 PM

So what you are saying, if I want a 5000k colour I should go with 6000k. And If I want a 4300k colour, go with 5000k becuase of how damn bright those lights are. That was the part that confused me on their site.

I was actually looking at the 4300k. How are those? Yellowish in colour, like the stockers or still much whiter? I dont want it too white or with blueish. Any pics at all?

And by running a larger power source, you mean just picking up the wiring harness they are selling, i dont need to upgrade anything else, correct? I'd imagine the 55w hids still draw less power than the stock halogens. Any info is much appreciated.

I had a different brand HID in my old car, 6000k 55w.... they looked bright white with just the slightest hint of blue. I thought they looked perfect- great light output, didn't look cheesy.

gaowners32
04-01-2009, 11:01 PM

I have the 5000k lights in my fusion so tomorrow night I'll go take pictures of the lights at night and give you a better idea of the output. I'd do it now but I'm hella ****ed up off of pain killers right now. root canal ftl

stillriza
04-02-2009, 04:23 PM
thnx homie! i will chk back later.

stillriza
04-03-2009, 07:38 AM
Oh, and answer this part too, thnx

And by running a larger power source, you mean just picking up the wiring harness they are selling, i dont need to upgrade anything else, correct? I'd imagine the 55w hids still draw less power than the stock halogens.