04-05-2009, 08:13 PM
anyone else have this problem if...
my spare tire well get water in it...
trunks gotta b leakin somewhere?
any ideas?

Mike Jung
04-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Trunk vent ?

Check the passenger side rear area of the trunk, behind the carpeting.

ryanbgb22
04-05-2009, 11:12 PM
I have been chasing a leaky trunk for 3 years now. I filled in that vent, and it still leaks.

videoman
04-07-2009, 01:13 PM
I filled it in as well and still had some minor leaks, until I bought a can of undercoating and sprayed a good layer underneath and in the rear wheel well. I thing I was getting some spray coming in from the upper strut mount. I also noticed a few drops from the trunk lid. Make sure the weather stripping is sealed all around the trunk lid and if you have a spoiler, there is no dripping from there.

A little bit of clear silicon and a can of undercoating can seal up the trunk and make it dry as a desert. GL

FuriousG
04-07-2009, 01:57 PM
I know when I have ice on the car and it melts I can open the trunk and hear water sloshing around in the trunk itself. I'm not sure how it's getting in but I think ti's the seal around the spoiler that's letting water into the trunk. Every now and then it will drip into the trunk space itself but it's never been an issue yet.

videoman
04-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Frozen Condensation, nothing you can do to prevent it. Its moisture in the air that freezes to the interior body and then melts later and settles into low areas in the body. If your car has oil based rust proofing it can help to protect it from causing additional rust from forming. but You cannot eliminate water from condensing on the body. ( Well not unless you live somewhere, where it never gets cold.)

dagenais
04-07-2009, 08:04 PM
I had the same problem and water was getting in just above the rear light... a small bead of solicone in the corner to direct the wated down the side and it's been dry since...

thormxkid
06-07-2009, 01:02 PM
i found the prob...

it was one of the studs that come threw for the carpet clips on the back of the trunk by the tail lights...

burgett2103
06-07-2009, 02:09 PM
i found the prob...

it was one of the studs that come threw for the carpet clips on the back of the trunk by the tail lights...

my trunk leaks too. i think my leak is coming from the rear window seal at the bottom.. it's comin off a little bit

Sparky'sGA01
06-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Mine leaks from the bolts attaching the plastic piece on the pack for the rear bumper.
and the antenna boot
and the bolts from the hatch that holds the trunk shut
and the air vent in the right and corner
and from the third brake light a little bit..

The wing is adhesive taped pretty good i do know that....

hows that for leaks lol

burgett2103
06-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Mine leaks from the bolts attaching the plastic piece on the pack for the rear bumper.
and the antenna boot
and the bolts from the hatch that holds the trunk shut
and the air vent in the right and corner
and from the third brake light a little bit..

The wing is adhesive taped pretty good i do know that....

hows that for leaks lol

haha you have only a few more problems

Panacea
06-08-2009, 06:12 AM
i found the prob...

Yep, mine was leaking due to the cargo net bolts snapping off. Just filled the holes with silicon and it was fine.

surreal_awakeni
06-08-2009, 08:08 AM
The problem with mine seems to be leaking from the sunroof and/or the sunroof drain, but whichever it is, it is apparently running down the drain tube until it reaches the trunk and then dripping off into the trunk and settling into the spare tire well from there. There is rust forming in the trunk, on the passenger side, where the drain tube runs across the top of some metal along side some wires. Pull back your trunk carpet on the sides and check for that.