01 GA GT Stalling/Starting Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 01 GA GT Stalling/Starting Problem

malistrais
04-06-2009, 03:47 PM
I lurk here a lot, and I'm having a problem I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on... Looked around the forums and couldn't find a situation just like mine.

A few days ago, the car would start fine, then stall after 1-2 seconds. Subsequent attempts to start the car result in the same behavior. The car ran fine the day before and has had no problems like this previously.

I haven't had any time to look into it further until today. When I tried starting the car today, it wouldn't even roll over - acting like the battery was completely dead.

At least that leads me to believe it's an electrical problem. Just seems strange the battery seems dead now when the car started strong a couple days prior (even though it wouldn't stay running).

Is this a classic case of needing to clean the battery cables? I don't think it's passlock related, but I'll try the workaround for that when I get home from work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Matt

cardude007617
04-06-2009, 03:50 PM
sometimes if a battery is "too" dead, the car will just die out. at least iv seen it on cars at the dealership i work at...even new ones

malistrais
04-06-2009, 03:56 PM
thanks cardude - i can't remember when the battery was last replaced. it just seemed odd that the car rolled over and started no problem a couple days ago (even if it wouldn't stay running beyond a couple seconds). :)

Bryan
04-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Is the behavior persistent at both warm and cold starts? If its only at warm starts, I'd suggest checking your vacuum lines, as I just had a similar issue that ended up being a bad vacuum line.

Dlaxer01
04-06-2009, 04:56 PM
I don't know if this will help you but i had this problem also and i looked at the battery and saw that the main plug had come loose.:banghead
so i tightened it and all was solved.

malistrais
04-12-2009, 12:13 PM
thanks for the response - cold or warm, doesn't matter.

Is the behavior persistent at both warm and cold starts? If its only at warm starts, I'd suggest checking your vacuum lines, as I just had a similar issue that ended up being a bad vacuum line.

malistrais
04-12-2009, 12:14 PM
thanks for the reply. i'll check that out - i cleaned the battery cables, to no avail.

I don't know if this will help you but i had this problem also and i looked at the battery and saw that the main plug had come loose.:banghead
so i tightened it and all was solved.

PhantomLover007
04-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Starter maybe. My wife's Satty is doing this.