air fuel ratio gauge [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : air fuel ratio gauge

Sparky'sGA01
04-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Can somebody help me with a hook up of the air fuel ratio gauge..

It sounds dumb i know. but when i tried hooking it up i tried the lazy way with keeping all the wires inside the car and trying to hook it up right off the PCM..

I looked up what wire and all that stuff.. but really dont think i have the right one.. it said purple with no white stripe... well theres like a million purple wires ha.

but can you just wire it right up too the sensor on your intake?? or what??

Any help would be so great

or pictures too.. im kinda dumb :)

cardude007617
04-06-2009, 09:53 PM
um...read the directions?
http://autometer.com/productPDF/0837L.pdf

you need a o2 pigtail to do it correctly: http://www.pfyc.com/pc/PN3010/GAGAU/Air-Fuel+Gauge+Installation+Pigtail.html

AaronGTR
04-06-2009, 10:27 PM
You can hook it up to the wire at the pcm, but you need more than just the wire color. You need the connector number and the pin location. In this case, it would be pin #10 on connector C2. The connectors have numbers on the faces at the corners that correspond to a pin number. So count across to #10 on both connectors, and the one with the purple wire will be the one you want. They don't put similar colored wires in similar pin positions between the two connectors in order to make it easier to tell apart. The purple and white wire is actually signal from the rear O2 sensor... the front is just purple so that's the one you want.

Or you can also just run a wire through the firewall and splice it into the purple wire on the engine harness coming from the front O2 sensor. Really easy. Before you install it though, you do know that this gauge is just a pretty light show though and that the narrow band won't give you any useful information right?

Sparky'sGA01
04-07-2009, 05:49 PM
I did look it up on the autometer website. thats how i do know how to hook it up to the pcm. i just didnt go into detail when i said purple wire pin 10.

Sparky'sGA01
04-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Where exactly are the numbers located when you look at the pcm? i cant seem to find them..

Sparky'sGA01
04-07-2009, 05:52 PM
nevermind got it. im an idiot lol