Low Trac light when shifting to Drive [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Low Trac light when shifting to Drive

IanGT99
04-07-2009, 10:28 PM
As the title says, my Low Traction light comes on everytime I shift my car into drive. It happens all the time when I shift from Reverse and once and a while when I shift directly from Park. Would this be some sort of a wheel slip sensor going bad? I just noticed this start to happen after my accident a few weeks ago (got hit in the rear bumper). Is this something I should really worry about?

Grreen99GT
04-07-2009, 11:15 PM
same problem i was having just a month behind me. it is the wheel bearing/hub assembly. the next thing that is going to happen (which will probably be soon) is the ABS and Trac Off lights are going to come on. I am going to look at the wiring tomorrow on mine to figure out if its the wiring or the assembly itself.

SSRacer
04-08-2009, 07:08 AM
^^^ I have that same thing happening to mine every now and then. Been happening for about a year on mine. Happens almost every day at least once, usually backing out of a driveway and turning the wheel lock to lock.

I replaced the passenger side hub years ago due to a broken knuckle. Almost 95K on the car now....wonder if I need to do the driver's side.

IanGT99
04-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Yeah, my ABS/Trac Off lights have acted up in the past. They will light up and then I don't have ABS or Traction Control. Most times just turning the car off and starting it again will clear this. It hasn't happened in quite awhile, though. There's no noise or any physical signs of excess wear from the wheel bearing assembly. The last time I needed my passenger side replaced, it made a funny whining sound. It's not hurting anything I guess for now, so I'll just keep my eye on it. I just need to make this thing last a little longer...

Grreen99GT
04-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Well, one of the issues that has been discussed with the wheel bearing is to replace the nut that holds them on because it is torqued at a lower ft/lbs of pressure which can make the bearing last longer, which is why the stock ones wore out so fast.

IanGT99
04-08-2009, 10:38 AM
^^^ Good to know. Didn't see that thread. Thanks for the info, man. My driver's side is still stock after 130k miles. Guess it's inevitable for it to go bad... lol