- Wheel Bearing
- Tie Rod/End
- Sway Bar Mount
- CV Shaft
- Strut Mounts
- Hub Assembly
- Steering Rack
- Bent Drum (Possibly Passenger Side)

What happens is @ about 65+ mph my car starts to shake and shakes while braking. It has new tires and has been rotated and that hasn't helped. It received a new Tie Rod end about 8 months ago. Rotors and pads are new as well. Any ideas of which of these is likely the problem?

cardude007617
04-08-2009, 12:39 PM
you have an alignment done lately? any noises like clicks or rattles over bumps or while turning?

GMFreak
04-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Okay, more info for you guys.

I had an alignment done a little over a year ago. To this day the car rides straight as an arrow. The shake is worse when the car is turning right.

Also, yes there are rattles when I drive over bumps at a low speed. If the car is sitting when I turn the steering wheel back and forth it clunks, like there's play in it, but it feels fine when moving.

GMFreak
04-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Some additional info, my ABS/Trac lights are on.

Bryan
04-08-2009, 01:33 PM
I'd say that's the hub assembly.

AaronGTR
04-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Yeah, it's possible it's the wheel bearing and hub. The ABS/TRAC OFF lights are usually a clue that either the sensor is bad, or the bearing is shot causing the sensor to malfunction as well. You usually hear a buzzing noise with that as well that gets higher in pitch as speed goes up. Especially if it's bad enough to make the car vibrate.

It's always possible that the abs/trac light is unrelated to the vibration though and that there is more than one problem, so don't discount the possibility of a bad CV or ball joint. You said it rattles over bumps at low speed as well and clunks when turning the wheel while sitting still... those are usually indicative of shot upper strut mounts or tie rod ends.

bouji1
04-08-2009, 09:18 PM
i had the same problem. but i had a bent rim and my tires were severly out of balance. i would start with a balancing

PhantomLover007
04-08-2009, 09:26 PM
MY wife's Satty is doing this. I have yet to delve into the preoblem.. ;crap