Auto headlights [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Auto headlights

Maetra
04-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Alright, new to this forum so please bear with me.

I owned a '97 Grand AM GT a few years ago... had automatic headlights. If I ever pulled the E-Brake the exterior lights would all go off. Very nice feature when you dont want to blind anyone in your house when you leave at 2am.

Now I own '99 Grand AM GT.. to my knowledge... doesn't provide me with a feature like that.. the only way I can kinda get it to work... I HAVE to have my E-Brake pulled BEFORE I start my car.. All the lights will be off.. but as soon as I lower it the lights come on.. I have to shut my car off.. wait for the lights to go off.. then pull the E-Brake and do it again.. Very hard to do when your pulling back in the driveway and not wanting everyone to know..

Any suggestions?

Mike Jung
04-10-2009, 11:09 AM
See: HOW TO: Override DRLs on a GA (http://grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17559) (& the ALC)

GranGT05
04-14-2009, 07:15 PM
The auto headlamps kinda suck as far as that goes, I wish i could get the lights to go off to but looks like there is no way around the auto headlamps system,maybe if u pull the (auto headlamp) relay it might help,i may try it and see if it works. Its in the fuse box under the hood,maybe then it will let u only have them on if you turn on the switch on the turn signal, but may kill the daytime running lamp feature????