Exhaust manifold bolts [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust manifold bolts

FuriousG
04-17-2009, 02:14 PM
I need to know what size these bolts are and where I can find them for sale quickly. The one directly above my compressor blew the head off the bolt due to a clogged catalytic converter and I need to get the bolt drilled out and replaced. I have gasket and all the catalytic converter parts on order for the repairs but I can't find a place to get these bolts. Can anyone point me to a good website to get these?

FuriousG
04-18-2009, 01:47 AM
Bump... Does anybody know where I can get these???

zukiracer19
04-18-2009, 02:11 AM
dealer

FuriousG
04-18-2009, 03:55 AM
Unfortunately, there aren't many Pontiac dealers in Germany... I'll try the Opel dealership this next week but I'm guessing it will be expensive...

GrandAmGTTT
04-18-2009, 09:16 AM
I need to know what size these bolts are and where I can find them for sale quickly. The one directly above my compressor blew the head off the bolt due to a clogged catalytic converter and I need to get the bolt drilled out and replaced. I have gasket and all the catalytic converter parts on order for the repairs but I can't find a place to get these bolts. Can anyone point me to a good website to get these?

The same thing happened to me but the top bolt next to the water pump. I thought that they were attached to the head? like built in it? at least thats how they are in the 3100 or looked like bc i took the exhaust manifold off to try and take the bolt of of that one to see if it would fit on my 3400 but the bolt was part of the head! and the nut is the only thing that was removable.

FuriousG
04-18-2009, 10:46 AM
The same thing happened to me but the top bolt next to the water pump. I thought that they were attached to the head? like built in it? at least thats how they are in the 3100 or looked like bc i took the exhaust manifold off to try and take the bolt of of that one to see if it would fit on my 3400 but the bolt was part of the head! and the nut is the only thing that was removable.

I hope that's not true since it will make my repair even more costly. My exhaust is leaking out through there thanks to a clogged catalytic converter but even once that's replaced I'd like to fix this leak. I can't imagine that leak will be good for my car even after the back pressure problem is fixed.

FuriousG
04-18-2009, 11:06 AM
I may have found something... Can anyone confirm for me if this is the part I need?

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php
The part is DORMAN Part # 03142 Exhaust : Exhaust Flange Stud and Nut

I looked at the pictures of the exhaust manifolds there and it looks like they come with a set of 3 of these type of bolts. I can't tell exactly but I'm hoping they are the same thing.

FuriousG
04-19-2009, 07:08 AM
Here's a picture of where the broken bolt used to be. Part of it is still in there and will need to be drilled out. Can anyone find me a part number, online store or even the dimensions of this bolt???

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll133/Eyezauh8/BrokenBolt.jpg

lvemy3100
04-19-2009, 07:42 AM
its not a bolt its a stud and a nut.. I will see if I can find a part # for you

pontga00
04-19-2009, 09:02 AM
gmpartsdirect.com??

FuriousG
04-19-2009, 12:01 PM
its not a bolt its a stud and a nut.. I will see if I can find a part # for you

Is it the stud and nut that I bookmarked in the post above that picture? If so, I'll put some on order tonight.

XtremeGaGt00
04-19-2009, 01:18 PM
just crossthread a slightly bigger one in there, itll be better then loctite and never come out...lol