water behind drivers seat???? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : water behind drivers seat????

bouji1
04-20-2009, 07:18 PM
ok so it rained all day today. and when i was picking up my buddy i noticed that there was water behind my seat because the carpet was dark. i didn't think anything of it and i just soaked it up with a towel. but about 2 hours later the floor was drenched again! and its making me crazy because i have never noticed it before. any suggestions? its not coming from underneath the seat because it stops about halfway from the back seat. i'm so scared i hope its nothing big!!!

PhantomLover007
04-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Were all the doors shut completely? I know I have issues w/ my back passenger door not closing right. Do you have vent visors and had the windows cracked? My front drivers one has a gap between the double sided tape and the door and it lets water in if the window is cracked. What kind of shape is the rubber seal around the doors?

bouji1
04-22-2009, 01:56 PM
the seal is pretty good but im not 100 % on that. also its never done this before then today. i was driving and saw a cop so i cracked my window because i have dark tints and didn't want him to see them mybe thats why?

bouji1
04-22-2009, 04:19 PM
update!!!!!! i opened my trunk and the driver side was wet. and amost that whole side was damp. its wet closet to the side and in the middle what could this be.?

PhantomLover007
04-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Check the seal around the trunk and the plugs in the bottom of the trunk. IDK about the grill looking things on either side of the rear passenger doors.

Someone w/ more knowledge can chime in at anytime...

O1GAGT
04-22-2009, 09:22 PM
If the car has a sunroof the drain tubes may be clogged.

bouji1
04-23-2009, 10:11 AM
ok how can i check and see if there clogged

O1GAGT
04-23-2009, 06:52 PM
ok how can i check and see if there clogged

Blow them out with air and see if it helps.