For those with EGR knowledge [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : For those with EGR knowledge

GrandAmGTTT
04-21-2009, 02:55 PM
hey guys i have a random question. If i have a 99 GT and i put the 01 UIM and put the EGR delete plate over the EGR to block it but don't but the Big bolt that closes the EGR system from the 99 EGR system what would happen? The EGR systems are different on these two, i was just wondering. So the old EGR would be open and unsealed whereas the EGR on the new 01 UIM would be blocked

SSRacer
04-21-2009, 03:06 PM
I you are talking about leaving the line from the exhaust to the manifold open, seems like you would be releasing exhaust gasses under the hood, then possibly into your ventilation system. (EGR = Exhaust Gas Recirculation) I may be misunderstanding you though.

GrandAmGTTT
04-21-2009, 03:10 PM
I you are talking about leaving the line from the exhaust to the manifold open, seems like you would be releasing exhaust gasses under the hood, then possibly into your ventilation system. (EGR = Exhaust Gas Recirculation) I may be misunderstanding you though.

yup, but i would only be leaving it open for a day or two. Bc i did this bc i needed to go rent a wrench big enough to pull the EGR bolt out of the manifold. But i had already switch UIM's. I started it up and it died out after like a minute. I have a tuned PCM by milzy so i'm pretty sure the EGR delete was done on it

GrandAmGTTT
04-21-2009, 03:48 PM
haha so i figured out it was a vacuum line, well it has to be bc my vac is reading 10 which is way low so i'm pretty sure i musta knocked a vac line loose when putting everything together.

SSRacer
04-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Easy to do. Ne easier to find if you could keep it running...lol. Check the back of the UIM.

GrandAmGTTT
04-21-2009, 04:47 PM
ok update, i fixed it and all it was, was i had to remove the old EGR thing that bolted to the old UIM lol sounds wierd but thats what the prob was

i had everything hooked up correctly after putting the new UIM on, i just didn't remove the EGR completly yet bc i had to borrow a larger wrench to get the EGR pipe from the manifold out