ARGH CEL CAME ON!!!f*** [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : ARGH CEL CAME ON!!!f***

GrandAmMe
04-22-2009, 05:40 PM
ARGHHHH I cant believe it! CEL came on today! guess i will have to get it read at autozone or something like that. Could an FPR cause this. I would think so due to a lean start. I just cant believe it liek it runs perfect except for a little gass smell either form the engine or exhaust but i guess sh1t happens.. oh well!!!

lone_wolf025
04-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Meh the SES light pops on routinely. Check the code then worry about it. I routinely get a P0132 under very predictable circumstances but normally its fine. Doesn't run bad either.

AaronGTR
04-23-2009, 10:50 PM
It's always possible a bad FPR could cause a problem that would set a code, but there is no fuel pressure sensor, so the FPR wouldn't do it itself. It would only be the underlying source of a problem that could set a code. You really need to see what the code is first. More than likely it's something else. FPR's aren't known to fail often, and if it was bad it would be running bad all the time, not just at start up.

GrandAmMe
04-25-2009, 12:59 PM
ok it was code PO442. It was a loose gas cap like i thought. I used a top of the line Snap-On code reader and it cleared it and never came back on yet!

GrandAmMe
04-25-2009, 01:03 PM
oh yeah and while at the oil change place they did something and my hard starts have disappeared. Weird eh?