Nothing when putting tranny into drive or reverse [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Nothing when putting tranny into drive or reverse

sbart385
04-23-2009, 01:28 AM
I have a 99 GAGT with about 142k miles on it. Recently I was driving it around with no problems whatsoever. No random noises or troubles shifting or anything like that. Went over to a friends house just fine and about 3 hours later when I went to leave I put it in reverse and got nothing. ;crap There was a new whirring sound almost like a high speed fan. I went through all the gears and just the same got no movement outta the tranny. Its like it is going from park straight into neutral. BTW it is an auto and the 4T45E.

Wasnt sure what it could be so I pulled the oil pan off the tranny and everything looked amazing. Clean fluid, no metal shavings, no nothing outta the ordinary. Went out and got a code reader and pulled a P1810 TFP Switch Circuit or something along those lines.....

Anyone got any ideas what it could be or how to fix it? Can it be fixed without dropping the tranny also? Any info at all would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

BOOTMASTER
04-23-2009, 10:57 AM
check that your shifter cable is working....

sbart385
04-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Shifter cable works fine. That was also one of the first things I checked

Also had someone suggest the neutral safety switch so I replaced that and that changed nothing.

sbart385
04-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Well since no one could help figure out what was up I just went and got a new tranny from the junkyard. Hopefully that solves the issue. I will post my findings after I get the old tranny out

sbart385
05-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Turns out the splines for the oil pump shaft stripped off so the pump wasnt turning. Fun crap....at least i have a new tranny now! lol