help car won't start?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : help car won't start??

blondiez24gt
04-30-2009, 06:49 AM
Ok I'm haveing some weird problems with My car. I went out to start it up this morning, and I turned the key over, and it made like a clicking noise, and then My trunk popped? I tryed it again, and You can hear the starter like turning over almost as if the battery is dead. I checked the battery though, and its not dead. I continued to try starting it, and it continued to make this clicking noise, and the trunk kept popping. I have remote start on it so I tried that as well. When it tried to start with remote start it clicked a whole bunch of times. I checked all the fuses, and everything was good. Anyone have any ideas what this could be? I thought at first it was the starter solenoid, but it seems to be engageing. Also why would the trunk pop when I try to start it?

fixed starter was bad.

Lab Rat
04-30-2009, 12:06 PM
When the battery gets very drained your car does weird things. I do know my trunk will open if I have discharged the battery. And my batt is going out. Did you leave the headlights or radio on? Perhaps you just need a new battery.
BTW, I lived in Marietta for 13 years, in Devola actually. I may move back someday, still miss the river and hills.

blondiez24gt
04-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Well the starter was shot, but where I messed with it for so long must have killed the battery down. I had to jump it once I put the new starter on. I had the starter tested though. It was bad. Yea Marietta isn't too bad of a place I guess. Its just kinda boring. Not much to do around here.