shaking steering wheel and pulsing accelleration [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : shaking steering wheel and pulsing accelleration

Pass
05-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing good out in grandam world...

I just recently (yesterday) drove my 2000 grand am gt over to the states (im from Canada) and went to the nearest Belle Tire. I got 4 new Kelly HP firece tires nitrogen filled, ballanced, and an alignment for 440 US. Not bad considering I saved about 300 bucks driving over to the US. Anyways I still have a light shake in the wheel when I hit about 115-125km/hr. Its not bad but its noticeable and I can feel it through my legs. What could this be? I have replaced the front struts and shocks as well just about a month ago. Could this be a bad wheel hub?

To my second question. I notice a surge-like pulsing when accellerating the odd time when trying to get up to speed.... this is very odd and doesn't do it all the time. I changed my fuel filter not long ago and spark plug kig last year.... what do you think this could be....?

any help really appreciated...

James

timka86
05-12-2009, 12:04 PM
possible misfire could cause the surging, maybe old spark plug wires. could be fuel injector/s.

i know you just got the tires balanced, but the shaking is wheel related. rebalancing may help,( did they put big weights on the wheels to balance them?) if so, you can ask them to rotate the tire on the rim (180* degrees) to help correct for the weight being so far off.

Pass
05-13-2009, 01:25 PM
thanks for your reply, so you think that its probably just one tire and rim out? I can't stand any vibrations it just drives me nuts....

04GrandAM SC/T
05-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Wheels are not balanced correctly.

Take it to a different shop and have them re-balance them. That Should fix your problem.

alocaurd
08-30-2009, 09:14 PM
i actually have both problems. the pulsing is what is driving me nuts. it only happens sometimes but usually between 2000-3000 rpm an acceleration.