Problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Problems

keegan mccready
05-12-2009, 10:14 PM
I think im having an electrical problem with my car. The horn doesn't work at all, all i can hear is a clicking noise from underneath the hood. At the same time my fog lights light up but barely at all. Also the turn signals blink extremely fast. Does anyone know what this problem could be? I haven't touched anything electrically except for putting my gauge pod and gauges in. Thanks for the help. I think it may have something to do with a ground? But im still not sure. Ill have to check the grounds tomorrow. As of right now the turn signals sometimes go fast and other times work normal. But when they work fast both sides blink at the same time at that speed. Also the hazards make the signals blink normally. The fog lights are still off and if i push on the horn the lights behind the fog light switch and the cruise control switch turn on as if they are on but aren't. And the horn still only makes a clicking sound. I dont know if a ground can cause all of this but i guess its worth a shot.

Anybody have any ideas at all? Id really like to take a stab at it myself before i have to bring it in

burgett2103
05-14-2009, 12:18 AM
i have the turn signal problem only sometimes.. could be a moisture issue but i'm not too sure

Pauljp
05-14-2009, 12:55 PM
This may be a silly question, but can you start your car?
A dead battery on these cars will do strange things.
I've heard of trunks popping open on their own, and lights acting up and such with a dead battery.

keegan mccready
05-14-2009, 09:24 PM
yes my car starts. its completely driveable.

04GrandAM SC/T
05-14-2009, 09:35 PM
I could be completely wrong, but check your relays.
Just an idea.