do i need a bigger fuse etc for this bulb swap [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : do i need a bigger fuse etc for this bulb swap

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
05-15-2009, 03:32 PM
i swapped the 880st bulbs 27watt for the 893st 37.5 watts i believe bulbs in my factory driving light housings . so do i need to change the fuses to bigger or anything esle. i heard that the gt fog wiring is setup to to take 37 watts bulbs, so melting wiring is not a problem...yes ??

i read this in a 2003 posting >> I put some 893 bulbs in my fogs about 2 months ago. I got some xenon bulbs from Hiper industries. They are brighter (38 watt as opposed to the stock 27 watt). They look great, and match my silverstar headlights perfectly. The only downside is that the chrome housing on the inside is starting to turn brownish-yellow from the higher output of light. I have a bad feeling that if I continue using them, my whole housing will be this color, looking stupid during the daytime. (not that anyone looks at your fogs much during the day)

now is it something i need to worry about IE: damage to inside chrome reflector or housing etc etc.

cardude007617
05-15-2009, 09:35 PM
think about WHY they put fuses in circuits before you go about changing fuses around.

and yes damage is possible, but not too likely

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
05-15-2009, 09:45 PM
sorry i don't think i got your meaning. are you say no i do not need to change to a larger fuse for the higher 37.5 watt bulbs..... and your saying going from 27 to 37.5 are not likely to damage the fogs lenses and housings. i have read few times so far that our wiring is setup to take 37.5 watts

rocketfast123
05-17-2009, 01:54 PM
It only happens with the 50w fog lights 883. But you don't need to change the fuse, I been running xenon 893s since i had my car.