horn and turn signal question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : horn and turn signal question

bkwales
05-19-2009, 06:19 PM
I did a seat and steering wheel swap today. when i was done I realized i dont have a horn and turn signals do not click off after a turn.

I realized later that ive read in these forums that there is a spring i missed somwhere for the horn, but after searching for it i was unable to find the link.

can someone tell me what i need to do to fix my fubar? and is it the same issue for both the horn and the turn signals?

thanks in advance
Brian

KhellendrosxS
05-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Most likely youve bent or broken the horn pin on the Multifunction Switch which is at the upper right of the switch. When you slip it back onto the column the pin must be pushed in or it will hit the metal horn ring and cause the problems you describe with the horn not working.

As for the signal problem the contacts may need a good cleaning per the guide for cleaning the MF switch.

bkwales
05-19-2009, 07:05 PM
ill give the switch a pull in the morning.. thanks for the info.. I've got another couple of them on hand in case i tore this one up

bkwales
05-20-2009, 07:11 AM
i did bend the hell out of the pin, switched it out for another multi function switch, that worked for the turn signals, but not the horn.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm