msd plug wire installation [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : msd plug wire installation

burgett2103
05-21-2009, 03:05 PM
ok is there a certain tool or anything used to get down to the back 3 plugs to install the msd plug wires? and i did the front 3 and started the car and it sounded like it was bogging so i put stock ones back in and it was fine... did this happen because i may not have had them in all the way or because i only had 3 of them in?

lvemy3100
05-21-2009, 03:51 PM
could be many things but if they werent seated all of the way that would certainly cause a misfire

as for the back three wires there isnt any special tool but if you remove the coil assembly and/or alt you will be able to get much better access

zukiracer19
05-21-2009, 04:29 PM
did u change plugs too? but anyways back ones are pretty easy, take ur hand if ur Replacing plugs too not sure if u are.. just put the socket on them... than i usually put 2 3/8 extensions on than i have 1 more 3/8 extension on my ratchet, ill hook them up on the other 2 than take them out... than just feel for hole and put the spark plug in until u cant turn it anymore than guide the socket itself to the spark plug and repeat proccess, as far as wires go.. do one at a time.. i usually feel for the plug with my pointer and push down on it as hard as i can go

burgett2103
05-22-2009, 01:33 AM
alright thanks guys. yeah i'm just doin the wires for now but h*ll i may as well get my new plugs too and just do it all at once. but i must not be strong enough to seat the wires in all the way :p