Help with Nitrous purge [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help with Nitrous purge

GrandAmGTTT
05-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Hey guys' i hooked up my nitrous system and filled the bottle then slowly opened the bottle to test the purge and there was a leak coming out of the purge system. every line was completely tightened as much as possible and all the components of the purge system are as tight as possible but it still leaks out in the same spot on the purge. What can i use to help seal the purge system completely? Teflon tape? i have no idea

lvemy3100
05-24-2009, 03:24 PM
use teflon paste on all NPT fittings ;)

actually after double checking it should also say this in the directions that came with you kit

GrandAmGTTT
05-24-2009, 03:56 PM
thanks mark :)

zukiracer19
05-24-2009, 04:37 PM
purge for what

Nick-G
05-24-2009, 05:10 PM
purge for what

;crap lol

KhellendrosxS
05-24-2009, 06:39 PM
purge for what

The fuel line...its for when the pressure gets too high. ;crap

Jbrinda18
05-24-2009, 07:07 PM
use teflon paste on all NPT fittings ;)

actually after double checking it should also say this in the directions that came with you kit

I was told by a nitrous dealer.... NEVER EVER EVER USE TEFLON TAPE. He had me take it all off before he'd fill my bottle. The fittings are the 45 degree type so you don't need them, If you use tape, and one tiny piece gets into the line, there's a chance of it getting stuck in the soleoid and holdng it open, which would be bad.

That's what ive been told, could be wrong though

angrysk8r
05-24-2009, 07:16 PM
I was told by a nitrous dealer.... NEVER EVER EVER USE TEFLON TAPE. He had me take it all off before he'd fill my bottle. The fittings are the 45 degree type so you don't need them, If you use tape, and one tiny piece gets into the line, there's a chance of it getting stuck in the soleoid and holdng it open, which would be bad.

That's what ive been told, could be wrong though

nope, you're dead right, that's why people run multiple solenoids as safety backups, if you have to use teflon you need to use the paste and not the tape...i've seen pictures of some bad things happening to cars because of a leaky nitrous solenoid