push button start question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : push button start question

CantBeatIt96
05-26-2009, 08:10 PM
alright well ive installed a real push button start button. lol. that is confusing to say. but anyways. im having trouble with the starting part. i wired it all up the way its supposed to. remote wire for now as the power untill i have a real kill switch and the switch board all done then im gettin rid of the whole key use itself.

alright the problem is when i hit the button it will start like normal but shuts of right away. i taped into the yellow wire which in the chilton book says its the ignition wire. used the same size wire as the ignition wire is. just wont stay on. what did i do it wrong? i have it hooked up like the last one and the last cheap button worked.

CantBeatIt96
05-26-2009, 08:28 PM
i moved the temp controls and they will be in the glove boxs soon. but this is my new switch board not finished yet but close. need one more piece of lexon on it and will be done plus paint.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm138/devildogs1989/100_7575-1.jpg

GrandAmMe
05-26-2009, 09:08 PM
i wouldn't of even made this thread....get ready for some bashing!

aiixon
05-27-2009, 01:52 AM
wow your a positive person.

sbart385
05-27-2009, 02:41 AM
There have been push button start threads before and all that happens is the person wanting to do the push button start gets bashed cuz its "not a real mod". Honestly if you can get it to work then more power to ya. I have no clue as to why it wont stay on unless its something to do with the passlock.

Ajaxus
05-27-2009, 04:53 AM
it looks like your button is crooked..might wanna straighten it out..

as for the bashing, yeah, it's on the way..all i'll say is it makes no sense to do this..if you're gonna leave a way to use the key (which it seems everyone who has done this does)..and because..well..it's a freaking grand am for chrissakes.

CantBeatIt96
05-27-2009, 07:45 AM
push button start is used to help save your ignition, instead of turning the key all the time and wearing the ignition down it just starts with a push of a button. right now im useing the key till i redo the kill switch again and then no more key. push buttons arent useless just seem that way. would you guys bash bmw, benz, lexus for having push button start since they can still use a key. no you wouldnt cuz it came factory that way. i just wanted it cuz its fun to do new things i dont like keeping it stock i hate stock cars. i like custom cars.

yes i know its crooked i took te picture then noticed it was so i already fixed it. but like i said the whole thing isnt done yet needs the rest of the switches and lexon on and in it.

and since no one is even giving me anything to look at besides warning me of what i know is coming and i dont care about, as long as i get my answer. i guess ill just post on my other forum that may bash me for doin the push button but will still give me the answer im lookin for.

CantBeatIt96
05-27-2009, 07:46 AM
o and for the other threads all the ones i looked at didnt have anything i need to know they told me how to hook it up, what to do with it things i already knew nothing to help me out.

SSRacer
05-27-2009, 08:38 AM
push button start is used to help save your ignition, instead of turning the key all the time and wearing the ignition down it just starts with a push of a button.

Going on 8 years of turning my ignition switch several times a day pretty much every day and it still works fine...and I'm thinking that if it does go bad it will be much easier to replace than installing a start button.

Honestly, unless you can rig it to use RFID technology or something so that the push start works only if a key fob is in the car like most real push button starts work, it is pointless IMHO.

Nick-G
05-27-2009, 01:07 PM
honestly, unless you can rig it to use rfid technology or something so that the push start works only if a key fob is in the car like most real push button starts work, it is pointless imho.

qft

CantBeatIt96
05-27-2009, 02:11 PM
actually the first push button start was only used with the key in it or it had a kill switch which is what im workin on. i never said your ignition is dieing just sayin it help keep it from being worn down like our trucks is to the point to where the key sometimes thinks is stayin on the starting point and keeps running the starter. and a push button start is easy as shet to do, just im having problems with mine. its a few wires and your done. but mine wants to be a **** and make it hard for me. lol. and my car has been ran everyday since its been bought by me everyday by the second owner and most of the time by the first owner. so the ignition has takin a beating for 13 yrs now. ill give it a break. lol.

rocketfast123
05-28-2009, 01:32 AM
This "mod" is so easy to do. You don't ever have to tap the ignition wire.

CantBeatIt96
05-29-2009, 12:23 AM
well then what wire do i tap too. that will be helpfull.

CantBeatIt96
05-29-2009, 12:24 AM
the last button was so much easier when hookin up lol. it was wired in in about 5 min and working i dont get y this one want to be so difficult.

chuckclose1
05-29-2009, 06:27 PM
did you bypass the passlock?

CantBeatIt96
05-30-2009, 10:56 AM
i just found this all out on another forums since all i get here is blasted and no help now i do and i know what i need to do. i need to bypass the passlock with a resister and a bypass module

[ChaosweaveR]
05-30-2009, 10:58 AM
This is seriously a waste. There are much better mods to do to your 4th gen.

CantBeatIt96
05-30-2009, 11:02 AM
i could care less, i just like doin small things right now i had it layin around so i put it on. i could care less its fun to do and not to hard either.

Nick-G
05-30-2009, 11:13 AM
i could care less, i just like doin small things right now i had it layin around so i put it on. i could care less its fun to do and not to hard either.

It's also not too hard for anyone to just get in your car and drive away now. The only reason people get bashed for doing a push button start is because no one does it right.

CantBeatIt96
06-01-2009, 10:11 PM
well mines goin to be done right and no you cant get in and just steal it unless you know where the kill switch is youll never get it stated. im not stupid. i know not to just hook it up and think ill be fine.

Nick-G
06-01-2009, 10:29 PM
well mines goin to be done right and no you cant get in and just steal it unless you know where the kill switch is youll never get it stated. im not stupid. i know not to just hook it up and think ill be fine.

Sorry but you can't be too smart if you think you can just hook up a kill switch and be fine too.

CantBeatIt96
06-01-2009, 10:52 PM
too smart um how bout you come here and try and find it i bet you could spend all day lookin for it and never find it.

Nick-G
06-04-2009, 08:15 PM
too smart um how bout you come here and try and find it i bet you could spend all day lookin for it and never find it.

lol My college electrical classes say different.

themanytoys15
06-04-2009, 08:45 PM

Hey man dont worry about these morans and there stupid responces, ****ing great job dude putting that **** on, looks nice i would so put that on my car but i like performance more, most of these people here cry about doing **** the wrong way and the way it should be done and most dont know what the **** their talking about. KEEP up the good job man.

aiixon
06-04-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm all for supporting a mod like this but.. to the guy above me.. Don't call people "morans" when you obviously can't spell and have terrible grammar....

thormxkid
06-05-2009, 06:59 AM
i never knew then internet was english class!!!

(ps i can't spell ethier so who gives a &^*$)

AN_ICON
06-05-2009, 09:10 AM
That will be cool when u get it done man who cares what people think i like it.

Vampyrate
06-06-2009, 01:24 AM
once i get my car up and running im planning on doing something similar to this, only instead of push button, im thinking toggle switches in a certain order to get it started, and the reverse to shut it down.

GRABER75
06-06-2009, 11:33 AM
each person has their own opinions and styles...if everyone did all their mods and copied off each others creations every grand am would look the bloody same..and if Zak wants a start button, let him have a start button...he is just looking for some information with no bashing....but some people are raised ignorrant i guess.

Zak you have to bypass the passlock feature with a resistor or a bypass module and you will be fine...me myself I would have place the start button where the ignition goes...is the ignition on the dash like the 5th gens or is it on the column.

CantBeatIt96
06-08-2009, 06:28 PM
its in the column i was goin to put it where the ignition was but the key hole is way to big so i decided to just put it on a switch board. and thanks the last few guys dear god its an F'n mod that i felt like do if you dont like dont answer my question and dont look at the thread. i just wanted help with what to do. i finialy found some respectable people on here who dont blast me when all i want is a little help.

i like how the first few people say its such an easy mod but yet no one could answer me for it they only just blasted me.

RPO3
06-09-2009, 05:11 PM
each person has their own opinions and styles...if everyone did all their mods and copied off each others creations every grand am would look the bloody same..and if Zak wants a start button, let him have a start button...he is just looking for some information with no bashing....but some people are raised ignorrant i guess.

Zak you have to bypass the passlock feature with a resistor or a bypass module and you will be fine...me myself I would have place the start button where the ignition goes...is the ignition on the dash like the 5th gens or is it on the column.

:applause:
Real talk