Trunk and radio problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Trunk and radio problem

KhellendrosxS
05-27-2009, 08:39 PM
In my quest to change my starter I mixed up my positive and negative wires on the battery. The battery is in the trunk and I wasnt paying attention when I put it back in the box (I always take it out) and put it in with the terminals backwards of where they normally are. I know, I know, I should be more careful....

Needless to say I got a nice set of sparks.

Now, my trunk poper on the key fob will not open the trunk and my button on the door will not open the trunk.

The radio is also dead.

On my 01 GT I see in the drivers fuse box a relay marked for the radio amp (monsoon system) and the trunk.

The relay does not make the telltale click when either the fob is pressed nor when the button on the door is pressed. The slider that locks out the trunk is not activated.

What I have done so far:

CLEANED THE DARNED CABLES (before everyone suggests it)
Changed the relay for a known good one. Known good one does not click.
Changed for a brand new one. Repeat of above.
Verified that the trunk lockout slider is in the 'unlocked' position.
Checked other boxes for any fuses that might be related (I dont see any).

No SVS, SES, or other idiot lights are on.

HALP

PhantomLover007
05-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Fuses.

KhellendrosxS
05-27-2009, 09:17 PM
I believe its controlled by a relay PL. Either the relay isnt getting power or Ive really focked something up.

plastic_indian
05-27-2009, 09:32 PM
L/H IP fuse panel slot mentioned (amp/trunk rel) is fed power via underhood panel 40A fuse labeled "L/H BEC BATT 1." This fuse also, however, appears to feed power mirrors, power seat and door locks. If these other accessories are also inop, that would be my first check.

KhellendrosxS
05-28-2009, 05:43 AM
I havent tried moving my seat or mirrors yet but I do know the power locks still work. I can lock the car using the fob. I may have fried a wire going to the relay.