96 to 97 PCM swap [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 96 to 97 PCM swap

Yellow96GT
05-29-2009, 04:49 PM
I have a 96 GAGT with a manual 2.4L. Recently I swapped my computer from a 96 to 97 so I could use HPTuners for my turbo application. I kept the stock engine harness and repinned the wires into the new computer using diagrams. Before the swap, the car ran fine. It still starts, but when the accelerator is pressed it will lose RPM's and stall. Any ideas?

juanvan
06-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Sounds like you have a pin wrong. I have never screwed with a PCM in this kind of application they are Hard enough between 2 identical years.

I would Start by looking at the pin outs for anything to do with MAF/o2/Transmission.

A good google search always help

From what I found on google - well so far - but there is alot that could make this happen.
If the engine or transmission don't have the same amount of electronics it won't work..

PCM are the brains of the car, if there is signal out of wack it will kill it. Knock sensors, Crank Positioning, Throttle positioning... Just a Ton of data is passed all the time to keep it running right.

How much research did you put into this before doing it? Has anyone ever done it? Did you do a part number search on the new and old PCM to see if anyone knows if they are comparable? And is the turbo already installed?