00 Hazard Switch..Replaced but.. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 00 Hazard Switch..Replaced but..

AuroraGuy
06-05-2009, 02:49 PM
I replaced my Hazard switch on my own years ago. No issues and it fixed the recall troubles.

Well last month when I had the LIM done at the dealer they replaced this switch AGAIN, not knowing I had replaced it on my own. Didnt ask either...and scratched the dash doing it.

Well - today, it started 'clicking'...sometimes rapid sometimes shorter.
No rhythm to it.

The lights are NOT blinking when this happens and it will only happen with the car RUNNING. I checked all the turn signals and they are fine and blink as expected.

Anyone come across this and if so...what is it?
Bad switch again??

Grandamgtblk99
06-05-2009, 03:45 PM
The multifunction switch is bad or dirty

AuroraGuy
06-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks...I *just* found this out.
Not sure if I will clean it or replace it. Seeing my cost options from various contacts out there..

beelzebob
06-06-2009, 01:29 PM
I would see about having those dumb asses at the dealer replace it since they didn't need to do it and undid what you had already done effectively causing you to spend money on it TWICE besides to their knowledge they replaced a defective switch with another defective switch so they should fix it.

AuroraGuy
06-07-2009, 10:54 AM
I took apart the multifunction switch in the house.
Fixed it as per the FAQ on here. Works great.

Sadly, when reinstalling the dame steering wheel clam shells the dam tilt lever snapped in 1/2 !?!?!

I cant believe it, I wasnt even pushing that hard.

I dunno if this lever thingy can be replaced. I can still tilt the wheel if I stick a finger
in there - so I am not w/o a work around...

WTF

PhantomLover007
06-07-2009, 04:55 PM
HTH did you break the tilt lever?

AuroraGuy
06-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Beats the hell out of me ?!

Its metal too.
I was reassembling the clam shell and SNAP!

The part is on order now. $10 and is really easy to replace. There is a pin with a snap that holds it in place. The lever broke and part of it was still attached, so I removed that piece as well.

I am still at a loss as to how this happened. :banghead :banghead