Problems...ETS, ABS and Cruise Control [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Problems...ETS, ABS and Cruise Control

nextstorm
06-11-2009, 08:25 PM
I recently buy a 2002 Grand AM GT 3.4 everything works fine, accelaration, stability, etc. But.. BUT.... when I start the engine the ABS never lights on, also the ETS and the Cruise Control....!!

Reading the Owner's Manual it says that as soon I switch to start the engine the lights should on, but this never happen... I tested the ABS and never light on, I tested the cruise Control and is not working, I tested the ETS and is not working too.... now... How can I check these systemks??? Just looking at the fuse Boxes..??? Or is something worst??

Greets!

NEXTSTORM

skifreak122
06-12-2009, 07:53 AM
I tested the cruise Control and is not working, I tested the ETS and is not working too

By 'testing' do you mean you tried to use these (using cruise control on highway) or that you just do not see the lights for these as well?

juanvan
06-12-2009, 09:53 AM
How would you physicaly test all these?
Curise is easy..
But the other 2 there really is no drive testing, take it off roading - Mexico have ice for the traction testing?

Get the code's read - then post them :)

skifreak122
06-12-2009, 03:54 PM
curious...will the individual component lights store a code? or are codes only associated with the ses and svs lights?

nextstorm
06-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Hmmm ok.... About the ETS I push the Button but nothing happens, no light on the panel, no nothing!
About the ABS I push the Brake to the bottom while driving and I cannot Feel the ABS on the pedal...
maybe I am more clear with this description of the facts....

PhantomLover007
06-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Check the fuses... If you have any that are similar to the ones you're having issues w/ and aren't anything major to making the engine run, switch them to test out the problem.

grandamguy3400
09-08-2009, 10:34 AM
you could pull off the stereo cover and see if its not plugged in

PhantomLover007
09-08-2009, 08:52 PM
That could work too. Espexially is someone didn't connect it or wanted to disable it.

i_ammetal
09-09-2009, 04:24 PM
I get these same lights after i start mine, and put the car in reverse and move a few feet.
Ive checked fuses but that's as far as Ive gone to diagnose the problem.

Just figured it had to do with the tranny, since im already having problems with it anyways....?

2000 GT Coupe
09-09-2009, 04:37 PM
I get these same lights after i start mine, and put the car in reverse and move a few feet.
Ive checked fuses but that's as far as Ive gone to diagnose the problem.

Just figured it had to do with the tranny, since im already having problems with it anyways....?

If you are getting the SVS, Trac Off, and ABS that is most likely a bad wheel speed sensor, part of the hub with wheel bearing.
Or possibly a bad wire or connection to the sensor.

i_ammetal
09-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Yep it went off again today, its the SVS TRAC OFF and ABS when i backed out of my garage.

Whats that cost to get the speed sensor or wiring replaced? Anyone know or had this problem??

2000 GT Coupe
09-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Yep it went off again today, its the SVS TRAC OFF and ABS when i backed out of my garage.

Whats that cost to get the speed sensor or wiring replaced? Anyone know or had this problem??

If its the speed sensor it is part of the hub, with the bearing, you need a new hub.
If you have an autozone or advanced auto it should be just under $100. To do it yourself you will need a 34 or 36mm socket and alot of patience lol.

i_ammetal
10-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Bumparoo....

Just got a call from the guy that scanned my car this morning.... said it was the wheel speed sensor.... wanted $383 and some change to get it fixed... here the problem

He said the whole hub needed to be replaced with the sensor and replacing the sensor isn't an option in my case.... does this sound right or not? I don't know if i trust this guy because i had a friend get nailed on a basic tuneup and brakes replaced for $600. He also said its effecting the ABS too.....

Would this have anything to do with any unusual transmission functions? Hard shifts, or hesitating when shifting into Drive or leaving a red light?

Thanks!

2000 GT Coupe
10-07-2009, 04:43 PM
It is true that the speed sensor is in the hub and the entire thing needs replacing, I bought a hub for just over $100 and I put it in myself I dont really see over $200 in labor if you pay someone so I would go somewhere else.

i_ammetal
10-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the input.... i seen another thread that had some steps in replacing the hub... is it moderately easy to do or more difficult?

If its mostly just taking everything off in order and bolting the new hub on, then replacing the parts again I don't see this being difficult task.... but then again I don't know much about brakes and suspension parts...?