Having some issues [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Having some issues

KillNThrill24
06-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Hey all, Ive been wanting to mod my ga gt for awhile now and just got started. ive started with a cold air intake.

but ive run into some hopefully minor issues. my car was owned previously by my cousin who had some incidents with the car. now the fenders are constantly sliding back and causing the door to scrape real bad, leaving paint chip and rust spots. where can i find fenders, doors, and possibly the side skirts for a good price (its a 2dr)? i basically need a whole new body on the beast, or just a paint job i dont really know. but these are the worst.

any help would be greatly appreciated :applause:

burgett2103
06-15-2009, 10:36 PM
ebay it.. or google for replacement parts

cardude007617
06-16-2009, 10:44 AM
go to a reputable local body shop, they should be able to fix/replace what is needed

PhantomLover007
06-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Get what you need from the junk yard..

chuckclose1
06-16-2009, 07:09 PM
if you decide to paint it tighten the bolts up on the fenders and make sure all the bolts are there. someone prob had them off b4 if it had some incedents like u say and never put them back on right.

IanGT99
06-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Try a body shop you trust first and get a quote. It'd probably be much less expensive to have them straighten and tighten the body panels back into shape rather than you trying to replace everything. A junk yard will likely have the least expensive body panels, but matching the paint will be difficult. For example, you could have a 2000 GT whose owner took amazing care of the paint, and also have an '04 GT whose owner did not. The paint, although the same from the factory, will have different fading and wear.