Car running lean, how to richen mixure? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car running lean, how to richen mixure?

realestdriver
06-22-2009, 09:22 PM
My car has been running lean for a while, but its really getting on my nerve now. This is espically because its bout 100 degrees out and the lean mix is making my car running even hotter. I feel sometimes that mpracing fuk'd up my pcm when I sent it in but they won't ever take responsibility for something such as that. Back to the point, does anyone know a way to even TRICK the car into running on the rich side a little.

alerored04
06-23-2009, 04:51 AM
How do you know that it is running lean. The only way to see that is with a wideband. I bet if you contacted Mark he would help you out, I have heard nothing but good things about his customer service.

lvemy3100
06-23-2009, 05:14 AM
I just love when people make claims about me and my company not helping when they havent even attempted to contact us... then get online and talk ish

not to mention the point made by alerored04 about how you came to the conclusion you were running lean..

I dont have your order # but I can garantee that we did not mod your PCM to run lean...

stewartfn18
06-23-2009, 06:32 AM
How do you know that it is running lean. The only way to see that is with a wideband. I bet if you contacted Mark he would help you out, I have heard nothing but good things about his customer service.

^^^^what he said.

AaronGTR
06-23-2009, 02:52 PM
oh geez :rolleyes:

I wanna know that too... how do you know you are running lean?

realestdriver
06-23-2009, 07:35 PM
I just love when people make claims about me and my company not helping when they havent even attempted to contact us... then get online and talk ish

not to mention the point made by alerored04 about how you came to the conclusion you were running lean..

I dont have your order # but I can garantee that we did not mod your PCM to run lean...

still unanswered question here...........ummm ya, i did contact you guys and there was not much you guys could do. that is just how i was feeling at the moment. ok tell me this, you can tell when a car is running rich, but not lean. my conclusion is based off of before and after results of screwing with computers, plus wat else am i to guess after all the money i've poured into new parts. the exhaust is so damn hot.......you can floor it and have someone at the bak of the car and smell nothing of fuel......its not sweating.....or do the same, kill it and pull a plug. i had a code for lean banks too. im used to my car running a particular way and its not wat it used to be.

it was not mark that i talked too, but i knew this would get your attention. i dont know how many people you have for customer service, but about half of my emails were responded to. im jus tired of this damn car period.

KhellendrosxS
06-23-2009, 08:49 PM
still unanswered question here...........ummm ya, i did contact you guys and there was not much you guys could do. that is just how i was feeling at the moment. ok tell me this, you can tell when a car is running rich, but not lean. my conclusion is based off of before and after results of screwing with computers, plus wat else am i to guess after all the money i've poured into new parts. the exhaust is so damn hot.......you can floor it and have someone at the bak of the car and smell nothing of fuel......its not sweating.....or do the same, kill it and pull a plug. i had a code for lean banks too. im used to my car running a particular way and its not wat it used to be.

it was not mark that i talked too, but i knew this would get your attention. i dont know how many people you have for customer service, but about half of my emails were responded to. im jus tired of this damn car period.

ENGLISH!

Do you speak it? :hay:

If you are "screwing" with computers Ill bet you caused the problem. You shouldnt smell fuel fromt he tailpipe when the car is running you dolt.

Your code for "lean banks" could be caused by a faulty O2 sensor but then again we would need the exact code that was thrown. The PCM does not cause codes, it reports and records faults from sensors.

Again, in case you missed it, you cannot tell for sure the car is running lean
WITHOUT A WIDEBAND hooked up!!!!!

realestdriver
06-23-2009, 10:19 PM
ENGLISH!

Do you speak it? :hay:

If you are "screwing" with computers Ill bet you caused the problem. You shouldnt smell fuel fromt he tailpipe when the car is running you dolt.

Your code for "lean banks" could be caused by a faulty O2 sensor but then again we would need the exact code that was thrown. The PCM does not cause codes, it reports and records faults from sensors.

Again, in case you missed it, you cannot tell for sure the car is running lean
WITHOUT A WIDEBAND hooked up!!!!!

do u think im actually messing wit progamming(i only switch them) of computers dumbass. its not the actual smell of fuel, but you have to put it as simple as possible for some people! watever else you said is bull i already kno. u dont need a wideband to check the symptoms. dont under estimate me, im not in here asking if a CAI will give me more hp. forget i asked, this is almost funny now.

disrespect begets disrespect. . . .this is not how you help

lvemy3100
06-24-2009, 05:12 AM

everyone knows you are full of it now since most all my customers are aware that I am the only person working for MP Racing and you are trying to claim you talked to other customer service reps that supposedly work for me which is impossible. We have NO emails from ANYONE stating that they had AFR issues after the installation of our PCM. But we do have one from a customer who claims to have had AFR issues prior to getting the PCM and expressing their hopes that the PCM would fix their issue that arose after they had installed new parts.

with the above being said.. you state you put soo much money into other parts that you have nothing left to blame but my PCM?? so what all parts did you install.. perhaps a LIM or UIM that were installed wrong and now you have a vaccum leak giving you a lean condition?? possibly pulled a wire on the o2 sensor harness? exhaust leak?

in any case our PCM is not cause for you to run lean and you are either the customer who had issues prior to using our PCM and these issues are still present or you are mistaken/lying about being a customer of MP Racing altogether... either way I think you might wanna take the advice of the other posters in this thread. no one was initially trying to be mean but you certainly seem to think that you know more than everyone so I would be very suprised if those posting in this thread actually try to help you anymore with this..

dagenais
06-24-2009, 10:58 AM
I would agree with Mark - Nothing but amazing service and after support from MPRacing - This is a guy that will return your call (long distance) and help you with an install. And just about anyone on this forum is always willing to help - I have had lots of great responses from this group.

Before you talk S**T about someone you should have the facts to back it up

realestdriver
06-24-2009, 11:08 AM
everyone knows you are full of it now since most all my customers are aware that I am the only person working for MP Racing and you are trying to claim you talked to other customer service reps that supposedly work for me which is impossible. We have NO emails from ANYONE stating that they had AFR issues after the installation of our PCM. But we do have one from a customer who claims to have had AFR issues prior to getting the PCM and expressing their hopes that the PCM would fix their issue that arose after they had installed new parts.

with the above being said.. you state you put soo much money into other parts that you have nothing left to blame but my PCM?? so what all parts did you install.. perhaps a LIM or UIM that were installed wrong and now you have a vaccum leak giving you a lean condition?? possibly pulled a wire on the o2 sensor harness? exhaust leak?

in any case our PCM is not cause for you to run lean and you are either the customer who had issues prior to using our PCM and these issues are still present or you are mistaken/lying about being a customer of MP Racing altogether... either way I think you might wanna take the advice of the other posters in this thread. no one was initially trying to be mean but you certainly seem to think that you know more than everyone so I would be very suprised if those posting in this thread actually try to help you anymore with this..

Ok, if tht is so, then we talked. I was the guy that you told to check the part# on the fuel injectors and the crank learn procedure(the 99, wit 00+ injectors remember). i didnt mention the afr, i would only get the same questions and no answers. we had good comunnication that day. . . .but the other times, mistakes do happen. so let me see, i have custom vac lines, because they were old and cracking, new o2 sensor(rear disabled), full exhaust, and crank learn performed. other people besides myself have looked at the car and i mean mechanics when i say other people. we all kno the community has its members tht like to be smart asses at times, but thts usually not me.

cardude007617
06-24-2009, 11:33 AM
pcms, especially well tuned ones will not make a car run lean. dont blame someone elses proven product when the fault is something you have done, or neglected to do. Mark is a good guy and doesnt screw people over. hell...if he lost this community he would lose a large amount of his business. he needs us like we need him, why the hell would he screw us over?

thank god, finally a new idiot to post up. it was getting boring around here.

KhellendrosxS
06-24-2009, 06:45 PM
disrespect begets disrespect. . . .this is not how you help

Actually my post is quite helpful. You are just choosing not to read it. Go back again, slowly this time, and read the sentence containing large red letters. Then look above that and see the part about the code you should have written down so we could tell you exactly what was wrong. Then try typing a post that doesnt look like it was written by a 12 year old. Dont come in with a 'tude expecting us to help you out when youre obviously here to stir the pot.

MMMK?

Many people have had good dealings with Mark (myself included on several occasions) and Ive NEVER had a problem getting an answer from him.

burgett2103
06-24-2009, 10:04 PM
agree with everyone and mark with everything. mark does, in fact, give great customer service to anyone who calls him with questions or needs help with something.

realestdriver
06-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Actually my post is quite helpful. You are just choosing not to read it. Go back again, slowly this time, and read the sentence containing large red letters. Then look above that and see the part about the code you should have written down so we could tell you exactly what was wrong. Then try typing a post that doesnt look like it was written by a 12 year old. Dont come in with a 'tude expecting us to help you out when youre obviously here to stir the pot.

MMMK?

Many people have had good dealings with Mark (myself included on several occasions) and Ive NEVER had a problem getting an answer from him.

dont make me curse dude and i bet i'll put it in big red letters for ya

tht was ur experience and this is mine, so son how bout u jus let me and him settle this

Mike Jung
06-24-2009, 10:44 PM
dont make me curse dude and i bet i'll put it in big red letters for ya

tht was ur experience and this is mine, so son how bout u jus let me and him settle this
Then don't post on a public part of the board/forum.

& Keep it to PM's & emails then.

:nono:

realestdriver
06-24-2009, 10:49 PM
naw, you right, it does as of now

stewartfn18
06-25-2009, 06:35 AM
you need to calm down man, no need for the tude. everyone that has posted in this thread knows what theyre talking about and mosty everyone in this thread has had dealings with mark and none of us have had these "problems" that youre talking about. so before you come in here spoutin youre mouth off and telling everyone that they dont know what there talking about, you need to get your facts straight. YOU CANT TELL AFR WIHTOUT A TUNER OR A WIDEBAND. IT CANT BE DONE. you also said that the car does not drive the same as it used too because of the tune? did you ever stop to think that maybe it wsa the BRAND NEW parts that you installed and youre used to "driving" with used parts? didnt think so. So next time either make posts with a valid question and listen to the answers given, because people here know what theyre talking about, or DONT POST AT ALL.

realestdriver
06-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Alright listen, this is my last post on this thread, because this is silly. I don't really have a personal problem wit mark, before he posted I didn't know his name, it seemed like a company with several people. It seems to me he has a lot to do on a daily basis, so maybe he didnt see a few emails every now and then.... I know how that is so ITS OK. I hope he went and checked his records. As far as the pcm, its complicated. There are parts to this that weren't told. I mean do you think a car running lean is really worth bitching over, its a lil worse than tht. There are some knowledgeable guys on here like arrongtr and a lot of the other boosted guys. Unfortunately I can't pick the best out of the bunch, therfore I trust the mechanics who actually work on my car at times. I dont plan on putting in anymore gauges into my car either, maybe i should, i really should, but thats not part of the plan right now.

I know most people are trying to help, but sometimes that turns for the bad. Especially when people start making assumptions, even me. When something has been said once, its time to get out of the other person's grill(thts ur word of the day). THX.

PhantomLover007
06-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Are you sure your mechanic didn't flash your PCM by accident?

cardude007617
06-25-2009, 12:04 PM
ok, thats a step in the right direction. but still...how do you now your car is running lean?