Fuse size [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fuse size

Tank33
06-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Ok. I am just about ready to install my A-pillar into the car with the 3 gauges in it. The 3 gauges are Oil pressure, Voltage, and A/F ratio. I know the A/F ratio is not accurate, I put it in for the cool factor.

I ran all the wires for the gauges from one gauge to the next, for power and ground. So all 3 gauges are on 1 wire for power, my question is, how big a fuse should I put on that line, to protect all 3 gauges? I am not sure what a good amount is, 10 amps?

Mike Jung
06-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Ok. I am just about ready to install my A-pillar into the car with the 3 gauges in it. The 3 gauges are Oil pressure, Voltage, and A/F ratio. I know the A/F ratio is not accurate, I put it in for the cool factor.

I ran all the wires for the gauges from one gauge to the next, for power and ground. So all 3 gauges are on 1 wire for power, my question is, how big a fuse should I put on that line, to protect all 3 gauges? I am not sure what a good amount is, 10 amps?
You put the fuse rated for the gauge of wire size.

(Well, that is how it is done for house hold wiring.)

PS: The fuse is to protect shorts & over-current use on the wires; not to protect the gauges.

Tank33
06-28-2009, 01:05 AM
Ah ok I see now.

Thank you sir.

cardude007617
06-28-2009, 01:30 AM
id say use a 5 or 10 amp fuse. since gauges dont take must power, the fuse mainly protects them from shorts

Malaclypse
06-28-2009, 01:28 PM
I think I used a 5 amp old-school style fuse. Don't remember the name of it but they're the glass tubes with the little piece of wire in them.