Equinox 05 Spark Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Equinox 05 Spark Problem

juanvan
07-01-2009, 02:13 PM
It my G/f car, but she is having an issue the 3rd cylinder is having miss fires.
Codes are P0353B and P0300B

Took it to the dealer, they said coil pack tested fine, wire was fine every thing was fine. They pulled it in to the lane to give it to her, and the car starts miss firing right there in the lane. Turn to the manager, so eh nothing wrong with the car.

Gave her a rental and away we went, but looking on here to see if ne of the techs here might have run into this before.

I always thought coil packs go in pairs. since they are 2 spark points to a pack.
Ground issue would cause both of them to fail, spark wire would happen more at a load then just idle and once ever 5 trips. Spark plug would not cause a code to the coil.

So any idea??
Thanks in advance.
(I think this is in the right section)

juanvan
07-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Well I was right about it not being the coil packs - *Flush 200$*
And they are still working to figure it out.

Anyone ever have a Strange spark problem - Could it be the Advance on the crank?

Malaclypse
07-02-2009, 03:30 PM
There was a bulletin on some vehicle about the crankshaft reluctor moving in relation to the crank position. But I think that'd cause a pretty constant and consistant problem.

If they've switched the plug, wire, and coil of the affected cylinder, its either going to be an ignition control module, a fuel issue (trash on the back side of the injector), or the least likely, a compression issue.

You say they just did a flush... possibly an injector flush? While that may take care of any issues on the injector tips, the backside around the pintle can easily clog with rust or debris from the fuel system. They'd have to remove the injectors and do a visual test for that one.

Since you have the spark related codes I'd lean towards that though.

juanvan
07-02-2009, 04:09 PM
I don't think its compression. The engine is under 10k on it.
The oil pump went on the last engine, right before the warrenty ran out. So she Lucked out with that.

I would say it could be the crank position then, b/c it was a short block so they had to use a bunch of parts off the old engine. It seems to be getting more constant ie it did it once 2 weeks ago, 2 times the week after now it does it all the time.

I will have her call the shop tomorrow to let them know about the TSB.
Thanks!

juanvan
07-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Well it was a pinched wire the whole time..
Got to love when they work fast..