Car won't start [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start

aiixon
07-06-2009, 12:28 AM
So my car has been sitting for a few weeks waiting for my new transmission, and I've been working on some more lighting and custom switches and stuff. Anyways, I went to start it and it wouldn't do more than make that starting whiny noise thing. So I tried jumping it and using a battery charger/starter, and neither of those worked. And if it doesn't have the charger hooked up, it loses power fairly quickly and I can't use lights inside or anything. Thoughts?

xxbackhillxx
07-06-2009, 06:46 AM
Sounds like the flux capacitor.

ltpats
07-06-2009, 06:59 AM
So my car has been sitting for a few weeks waiting for my new transmission, and I've been working on some more lighting and custom switches and stuff. Anyways, I went to start it and it wouldn't do more than make that starting whiny noise thing. So I tried jumping it and using a battery charger/starter, and neither of those worked. And if it doesn't have the charger hooked up, it loses power fairly quickly and I can't use lights inside or anything. Thoughts?

The car has been sitting, you have been working on lighting and switches, which means you have probably been using battery power. Try charging the battery for a while see what happens.

aiixon
07-07-2009, 01:30 AM
You must have missed when I implied the charger was plugged in the whole time. Okay, update: Left it on 2 amp trickle charge overnight and then all the next day while I was at work, and it's still a no-go. I didn't mess with any main wires I don't understand how this would suddenly happen..

And what's the flux cap?

ltpats
07-07-2009, 04:20 AM
You must have missed when I implied the charger was plugged in the whole time. Okay, update: Left it on 2 amp trickle charge overnight and then all the next day while I was at work, and it's still a no-go. I didn't mess with any main wires I don't understand how this would suddenly happen..

And what's the flux cap?

Take the battery to Autozone and have it load tested, make sure you have 12.6V across the terminals before you go though. As for the Flux Capacitor, I've never in 26 years seen one go bad just like that.

cardude007617
07-07-2009, 11:03 AM
just to be safe you might as well get a new flux capacitor from autozone though you never know

so your starter whines when you go to use it; not cranks? either lowww output from battery (bad/dead) or your starter took a ****z

IanGT99
07-08-2009, 10:25 AM
When you're on your way to Autozone, make sure you don't go above 88 miles an hour. You may achieve less-than-desirable results.

aiixon
07-08-2009, 09:43 PM
just to be safe you might as well get a new flux capacitor from autozone though you never know

so your starter whines when you go to use it; not cranks? either lowww output from battery (bad/dead) or your starter took a ****z

Makes that sound that is like "ehhehhehhehhehh" like trying to crank but it can't.

When you're on your way to Autozone, make sure you don't go above 88 miles an hour. You may achieve less-than-desirable results.

???

Take the battery to Autozone and have it load tested, make sure you have 12.6V across the terminals before you go though. As for the Flux Capacitor, I've never in 26 years seen one go bad just like that.

I'll take it somewhere, but I'm probably going to end up getting a new battery anyways, this is a POS.

xxbackhillxx
07-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Autozone offering a free flux capacitor with purchase of anything in the store over $100. Get an Optima Red-top battery and you're golden.

IanGT99
07-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Deloreon Enterprises must be sufferring with this economy, therefore needs to boost sales of their flux's. Damn Wall Street!

PhantomLover007
07-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Battery?