MicroGreen oil filter [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : MicroGreen oil filter

stillriza
07-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Have you guys seen this before? Opinions?
http://www.microgreenfilter.com/

The microGreenTM oil filter offers tremendous benefits
and significant competitive advantages over conventional filters:

2 Filters in 1 system keeping oil cleaner, longer

Patented microfilter captures particles down to 2 microns

65-70% reduction in oil maintenance costs

Potential for up to 5% improvement in fuel efficiency

70% reduction in oil use

50% reduction in filter use

Improved engine life and vehicle maintenance

Better for the environment
US Patents issued: 6,605,215 and 7,048,848
The microGreenTM oil filter is the most advanced technological leap in engine filtration in 30 years. It replaces a conventional oil filter assembly without requiring any modifications to the engine or filter housing. By continuously filtering a small portion of the engine oil through the patented microfilter system, the microGreenTM filtration system allows your vehicle to operate up to 30,000 miles without changing the engine oil.

[ChaosweaveR]
07-08-2009, 08:52 AM
I call BS. 30,000 miles on the same oil? Sure. I hope they buy the people new motors for when they start to grind stuff up afterwards, and sludge up.

westerndragon
07-08-2009, 08:54 AM
30k mi seems a bit much OMG

I would expect that a really good filter might go 10k but c'mon man dont listen to that garbage

i bet they are the same ppl that brought you the Tornado to increase MPG by %500 roflmfao

as for the "by continuously filtering a small amount" there is always oil moving through the filter thats what it is there for.

its just a gimick to get you to blow $$

Mike Jung
07-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Why have I been posting about oils & oil filters since I got up this morning ?
(On the G8 Board: About Amsoil, & me questioning a person on their claims/post, & 'what oil for my BMW 328ix...dealer said' :erika:, which was in-correct.)
lol

Save your money.
Oil & oil flow is more important than oil filtering.

Alot of their claims on that website are :rx7:

Just because you filter out the particles, doesn't mean you extend the oil's usefulness life.
What about water/fuel/& the additives package being worn out ?

You are better to use a good synthetic motor oil with an AC Delco or Wix/NAPA Gold/CarQuest Premuim Blue oil filter.
& follow your OLM in your GA.

[ChaosweaveR]
07-08-2009, 09:28 AM
I've always used either Bosch, AC Delco, K&N without a problem. I recently went full synthetic (Castrol Edge) and used a Mobil 1 filter with it. I got the filter for free, and five quarts of Edge for 26 bucks, I figured, why the hell not? lol

Mike Jung
07-08-2009, 09:34 AM
;1083631']...I recently went full synthetic (Castrol Edge) ... five quarts of Edge for 26 bucks, I figured, why the hell not? lol
Nice, Castrol Edge synthetic motor oil :thumbs:

Now, why can't I get deals like that here :rage:

Castrol Syntec 0W-30 costs $9.99 Cdn per 1L bottle.
(Which is about $8.30 US per US Quart.)

The last sale I paid $7.49 Cdn per 1L bottle.
I bought 18 bottles (3x 6-1L bottle cases); just enough for 2 oil changes on my G8 GT.

[ChaosweaveR]
07-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Wow, that's steep. Yeah, Autozone had a nifty deal going on for the month, it took three bucks off of every quart of Castrol Edge. I was using Valvoline MaxLife (synthetic blend) 5W-30 for the longest time, but I wanted to stretch the intervals a bit. The MaxLife would start to get eaten up after 4200 miles. I'm gonna push the Castrol to 7000 and see how the oil looks.

stillriza
07-08-2009, 11:04 AM
It does seem far fetched. I still use the AC delco filters but use good old castrol GTX for my grandma.