tuning questions [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : tuning questions

jabiddle88
07-09-2009, 03:13 PM
I just recently picked up a dhp powertuner and was wondering if anyone had the manual they could pm me possibly? Also if anyone thats ever used the powertuner has any help or suggestions about how to use it and tune that would be awesome.

AaronGTR
07-09-2009, 03:49 PM
There really is no "manual" to speak of. There are several tuning guides though that will get you started on the process. The most reputable of those is JerryH's tuning guide, and although he has a grand prix and not everything in there will pertain to your car specifically, it's a good place to start in order to learn the basic of tuning. First thing to do is go register on this website http://powrtuner.com/ as thats where you'll find most of the relevant info. You've got a bit of reading to do, so check it out and then post up when you start tuning and have specific questions. :)

jabiddle88
07-09-2009, 03:57 PM
I registered on powrtuner.com but for some reason it wont let me view the dhp forums. I tried sending an email but haven't heard anything back yet. Is there anything special I have to do to upload a tune to the pcm? Sorry if that's a stupid question. Just don't want to jump into it before I have a little more of an idea whats involved.

lightningGA
07-09-2009, 06:14 PM
PM me your email addy and I can email you a zip file with the PT manual and a few tuning "guides" originally based on a Grand Prix tune but a good starting point like Aaron was saying.