brake problems!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : brake problems!!

Mojoopo
07-14-2009, 11:21 AM
hey i know this is a grand am forum but the guys at bimmerfest.com seem to ignore my questions so i thought since you guys are fast and always have had good answers to try it here.

i have a 1992 325i and when i push down the brake pedal no matter whether the car is on or off i am able to depress it. you can also hear a "shooo" sound like air is escaping whenever i pump the brake.... i have a feeling its the master cylinder and brake booster. so i got both from a donor car and now i am wondering if you guys could give me some tips or a procedure i should be following when changing the booster and master cylinder.

i was also wondering if a seal or maybe something to that nature has gone and if its possible for you guys to list the spots where seals are.

thank you very much for any information that you can provide before i start this project.

SSRacer
07-14-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm assuming you have an issue with the brakes aside from just the sound it makes when you push the pedal?

Mojoopo
07-14-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm assuming you have an issue with the brakes aside from just the sound it makes when you push the pedal?
yes when i press the pedal down there is little pressure and i can press it to the floor gradually wether the car is off or on