Need help! Alt/voltage problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need help! Alt/voltage problems

GranDamned
07-19-2009, 11:21 AM
hello all long time no see. been having a good time trying to get this car back on the road again. but i have run into a major problem with the electrical system. since the engine swap i have been racking my brain to figure this one out. i have replaced the battery and the alternator (reman) i had them test the alternator at autozone to determine the problem is not within the alternator itself. when the car is running i get about 11.5/11.8 volts. when it is off i get 12v it seems that the alternator is not putting out at all. i am wondering if the wiring got switched around down at the starter which is causing my voltage problems. so i dont mean to ask a lot but if one of you fine people at gagt would mind crawling up under their car and snapping a pic of the starter wiring for me. i am only thinking this is the problem because of the bonding strap down there that might be bolted to the wrong terminal. continuity has been tested ok from the wire that bolts to the alt terminal and runs down to the starter, so the fuseable link is ok. any other suggestions are appreciated. thanks in advance!

GranDamned
07-22-2009, 12:14 PM
issue resolved, during engine swap alt was incorrectly wired to the starter.