TPS Issue... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : TPS Issue...

ChrisDawe
07-31-2009, 01:10 AM
Well I searched but I didn't find an answer to my issue,

2000 GT Sedan 3.4, When driving, typically when accelerating from stop to 80, the RPMs will get to 3K and then will Jump, and won't shift to a higher gear until the pedal is pressed down harder and it jumps up to 4K-5K rpms.

Now, my SES light is on....got my mechanic to plug into it and read the computer, came up as my TPS, so I got a new one and got it installed, My SES light was still on, so he reset it. stayed off for a bit.

I took it for a drive and while it was better it still jumped.

Mechanic said he thought the only thing it could be was a problem with my transmission.

Ignored it for 2 days and I noticed my gas pedal felt lighter....then down the road my car started to jump in RPMs and my SES light came on....haha to top it off when I tried backing into a space my car just shut off :S

Any ideas?

PhantomLover007
07-31-2009, 11:36 PM
Do you have a TPS sensor from PFYC and a PCM tune from MPR?

I had an issue w/ them "bumping" heads and making my RMS rev to almost redline so I took off the TPS sensor and haven't had a problem yet.

ChrisDawe
08-01-2009, 05:54 PM
The car has been past down a bunch of people, but I believe everything is stock (the sensor is the same as the one that is replaced)