some help pweeze [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : some help pweeze

hahano404
08-12-2009, 11:37 AM
aight tryin to replace my maf on my 2002 olds alero with a 3400
but every one asks if its a 1.0 or a 1.5 maf ....
i dont know and apparently neither does the local chevy and pontiac dealers know either.

can some one please shed some light on the situation.
thanks.

hahano404
08-12-2009, 01:14 PM
bump

hahano404
08-12-2009, 03:58 PM
nothing? sucks.. well ill shoot for the 1.5
let ya know on how it goes

AaronGTR
08-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Uh, never heard anything about 1.0 or 1.5. I don't think they know what they are talking about. There is only one kind of MAF sensor for the 3400 cars. It converts air flow to a Hertz signal and sends that to the pcm. GM parts direct lists only one MAF for all 3100 and 3400 engines 1997-2004. Your car is an '02 right? Then they shouldn't have any trouble ordering you the right part number. It's GM part #25180303 just so you know. I happen to have a stock one from my 2000 laying around if you're interested.

hahano404
08-12-2009, 05:32 PM
what kinda price you lookin at?
ive checked the local napa, cq, oriellys. and all have 1.0 or 1.5
only time its not a choice is when its a reman and not new.

lvemy3100
08-12-2009, 05:49 PM
100% agree with aaron.. just checked o'reily and autozone online and it isnt asking for any kind of additional info... cardone part #74-8309 is what you need for a reman

AaronGTR
08-12-2009, 05:59 PM
what kinda price you lookin at?
ive checked the local napa, cq, oriellys. and all have 1.0 or 1.5
only time its not a choice is when its a reman and not new.

Really? They are even telling you they have reman and new options? They must be looking at the wrong thing 'cause they don't reman MAF sensors that I've ever heard of. It's a sensor there's nothing to reman. All you could do is take it apart and re-use the aluminum housing ends with a new center cartridge. Well anyway, I'll PM you about my MAF.

lvemy3100
08-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Really? They are even telling you they have reman and new options? They must be looking at the wrong thing 'cause they don't reman MAF sensors that I've ever heard of. It's a sensor there's nothing to reman. All you could do is take it apart and re-use the aluminum housing ends with a new center cartridge. Well anyway, I'll PM you about my MAF.

that is exactly what they do... new just means the housing ends are new as well

thread jack -you happen to have a spare MAF for the GP?.. lol A local guy I know is in need of one

AaronGTR
08-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Really? I didn't know they even did that. Learn something new every day. :) Well, no don't happen to have any other MAF's. Just have my stock one in a box from when I got the LS1 MAF.

lvemy3100
08-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Really? I didn't know they even did that. Learn something new every day. :) Well, no don't happen to have any other MAF's. Just have my stock one in a box from when I got the LS1 MAF.

Yea you learn alot about aftermarket parts when you run an Autozone for a couple years... lol

no worries on the sensor though just figured since you owned a GP you might have one laying around... I think I will try the GP boards or just hit the junkyard

hahano404
08-13-2009, 12:22 PM
well i work parts at a dealership that used to sell isuzus, and i came across a maf layin in a box of other misc thangs. prolly for a acsender or newer rodeo. anyways its installed and so far so good. ill see how this works out for me. thnx for the feed back

AaronGTR
08-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Thats not a good idea to use a maf from another car. If it's not the same GM part number as your stock one, then the output is probably different, meaning the MAF is calibrated differently. The MAF table in your pcm has to match the output of the MAF, a given quantity of air for every step in the signal.

If it's off by a lot, the car won't even run. If it's off a little the car might run, but your fuel trims will be all screwed up because you'll either be running too rich or too lean and the oxygen sensor will be trying to correct for it. In that case your power and fuel mileage will suffer.