Years with leaking LIM gasket [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Years with leaking LIM gasket

oolowrideoo
08-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Hello all. I've searched, and can't seem to find the information I'm looking for. Maybe someone will know the answer to this off the top of their head...

I'm wondering what year the LIM gasket issue effects? I have a 2004 that has a slow coolant leak. It appears to be an internal leak, as I've had no puddles. Most cases I've heard of are 2002 and older.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jake
08-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Hello all. I've searched, and can't seem to find the information I'm looking for. Maybe someone will know the answer to this off the top of their head...

I'm wondering what year the LIM gasket issue effects? I have a 2004 that has a slow coolant leak. It appears to be an internal leak, as I've had no puddles. Most cases I've heard of are 2002 and older.

Thanks in advance for your help.

It seems to be much more common on the 2003.5 and older models. I personally don't have a problem with my car yet and i'm at 55k miles.

Malaclypse
08-13-2009, 07:44 PM
The '04s LIM gaskets will leak just like any other. The new gasket design never made it to the engines that were installed on the assembly line.

That is until the 3500 and 3900 engines were released.

geldartb
08-14-2009, 04:14 PM
it made it to the 05 engines that went into the cars.

my 05 3400 had the plastic one with the metal tabs when i took it apart to swap on the 3500 top end. btw the engine had 300 miles on it when i bought it.

the gaskets with the metal tabs will still leak just like the other gasket without the tabs. its still plastic.

spend the extra and get the metal fel-pro ones and you wont have to worry about it anymore.