assumed fuel pump dilemna [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : assumed fuel pump dilemna

aiixon
08-16-2009, 06:21 PM
So in my quest to discover the simple reason why my car won't turn on, I have been doing some diagnosing while I wait for my new fuel pump. I'm getting spark just to get that out of the way. Alternator and battery are fine. Starter is fine, all relays and fuses are dandy. So that pretty much isolates it to my fuel system, no? So I relieved pressure from the fuel rail and then took off the fuel filter. Gas didn't come out when turning the key, so the filter isn't the problem. Basically I just want to make sure that it's 100% the fuel pump. Input?

aiixon
08-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Never mind I was wrong. The problem is that pin 86 on the fuel pump relay isn't getting power. Any ideas on why this is happening???

aiixon
08-16-2009, 09:06 PM
It's a dark green/white wire apparently and that is the wire that supplies the power to the relay. I can't find any wiring diagrams that show where that wire goes after it leaves the FPR. Also my stereo won't turn on soooo I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that they are on a common circuit.

This is VERY important, help me figure this out so I can start my car!!! PLEASEE

Mattyj724
08-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Call a GM dealership and ask... its worked for me before... or google it.. iv never had that problem

zukiracer19
08-16-2009, 10:02 PM
turn key on do u hear the fuel pump?

if it is a security issue, when i put todds PCM in i had to do reset the security thing to work with my car, same issue u had, like it wants to fire up but it wont, after doing that it eventually started, blew a lot of smoke out until it started.

aiixon
08-16-2009, 10:13 PM
well i tested the relay and it works, but it just isn't getting any power, so im gonna assume thats whats why it wont run the fuel pump... it could either be a bad wire somehow or the pcm decided not to send power for some reason, could be passlock??

whats the security thing?

zukiracer19
08-16-2009, 10:37 PM
not sure i had to reinstall my computer, is your security light on, i think aaron send me a msg on how to do it and i saved it as a notepad file; or it was mark

aiixon
08-17-2009, 05:31 PM
well i dont have a security light so it must not be that..

sly fox
01-12-2011, 04:44 PM
did you ever figure out what the problem was cause im having the same problem?

cutlsp
01-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Read the manual my grand am decided it needed its passkey 3 system reset. I followed the directions in the manual and it started working fine again. Its a simple fix if reseting the passkey 3 system doesn't work it gets much more complicated.