G6 Tranny fit? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : G6 Tranny fit?

MzLady
08-17-2009, 05:52 PM
I was wondering if a automatic transmission from a G6 will fit in a 1999 GAGT? I googled 4t45E and found a tranny on ebay but it came out of a G6.

GA2000GTSpeed
08-17-2009, 06:47 PM
anything is possible with a car. its just all depends on how much money you want to spend. how much time u wanna spend on it. and the mass amounts of custom fab u want to do. there is a guy that did the manual 6 speed swap from the G6. if u wanna have an idea on the amount of work that is needed do a search on the 6 speed swap.

MzLady
08-17-2009, 06:58 PM
anything is possible with a car. its just all depends on how much money you want to spend. how much time u wanna spend on it. and the mass amounts of custom fab u want to do. there is a guy that did the manual 6 speed swap from the G6. if u wanna have an idea on the amount of work that is needed do a search on the 6 speed swap.

Thanks I will do that search. I was just wondering because I'm thinking of either rebuilding/swapping my transmission and for some reason I can find a G6 tranny with lower mileage and cheaper than I can for my car. Not looking to spend an extreme amount of money but I will look into that 6 speed swap.

realestdriver
08-17-2009, 09:29 PM
I was wondering if a automatic transmission from a G6 will fit in a 1999 GAGT? I googled 4t45E and found a tranny on ebay but it came out of a G6.

I think there is one that will work from the lx9 version. Its a four speed and all. Thought about it myself. I'd ask the guys at http://www.milzymotorsports.com/ they could tell you for sure probably.