TB Porting to 65mm Opening [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : TB Porting to 65mm Opening

cmtapanes
08-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Ok.. I'm on the process of porting my intake opening to install a 65mm TB. The question is, should I open the hole on an angle (see diagram below - baby blue line) or should I try to open the diameter as straight as possible (see diagram below - pink doted line). The reason I ask is because Im afraid to grind to much is I go straight and weakened the outer diameter.

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww134/taps96/Forums%20Pictures/TB-porting.jpg

350rs
08-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Ahh CAD. back in the day i was pretty good at that thing..

anywho, back to your question. Go with a straight line. Angling it like that will create additional swirling of the air going into your intake and will make hurt you more than help. The straighter you can get that air/fuel from a to b the better.

AaronGTR
08-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Try and get it straight. The metal is pretty thick there, I doubt you'll go through it.

cmtapanes
08-27-2009, 11:24 AM
No CAD; AI (Illustrator). Thanks for your reply.

Thanks Aaron! If I get it done is $30 dollars less that I have to paid to get my intake ported.

Ahh CAD. back in the day i was pretty good at that thing..

anywho, back to your question. Go with a straight line. Angling it like that will create additional swirling of the air going into your intake and will make hurt you more than help. The straighter you can get that air/fuel from a to b the better.

350rs
08-27-2009, 02:43 PM
No CAD; AI (Illustrator). Thanks for your reply.

Thanks Aaron! If I get it done is $30 dollars less that I have to paid to get my intake ported.

ohh, looked like CAD

PhantomLover007
08-27-2009, 08:38 PM
I can't see the pic... ;crap