Left turn signal lighting up with brakes and other turn signal issues. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Left turn signal lighting up with brakes and other turn signal issues.

cheez99
08-28-2009, 06:17 PM
I started noticing the left turn signal would blink very rapidly a while back. I then realized that it was mostly happening with the headlights on, now it only does it when the headlights are on. But no matter whether the lights are on or not, when stepping on the brakes it causes the turn signal to stop working and just freeze. When stepping on the brakes, the trunk light, license plate light, and backup lights all start to flicker on and off. When turning the left turn signal on, it will sometimes turn the cruise control off. Last but not least, the ABS light will usually light up when the lights are all on and the issues start.

I just took apart the multi switch and cleaned out all the grease to make sure nothing was being shorted out in there. The issue is still there. Any help please? Do I need to maybe replace the multi switch? I wonder if the short may be in the head light knob itself. ;crap

PhantomLover007
08-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Check battery connections or the affected turn signal bulbs

cheez99
08-28-2009, 09:44 PM
I have checked the bulbs and they are ok. I am starting to think it might be an issue with the circuitry that runs from the connector to all the bulbs in the tail light. After messing with it and looking around at it tonight, the issue went away for a bit but came back later. I believe my sub woofer is rattling something and making the issue come up again, but not sure.

Haughee
08-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Could be a bad ground. They make lights do crazy things.

cheez99
09-01-2009, 10:18 PM
So I'm about to order a new circuit board for the tail light unless anyone can think of anything else that might be causing this issue. I've replaced all turn signal bulbs for the left side, front and rear as well as the brake light bulbs. I've taken apart and cleaned the multi switch in the steering column. I've also tried cleaning out all the connections for the bulbs and the connection from the harness to the tail light itself.

I'm assuming something in the circuit board is shorting out when I press the brakes. I'm thinking the brake lights lighting up are causing the turn signal bulbs to light as well as the backup lights since they are all tied together.