My window is ****ed up [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : My window is ****ed up

icecats87
08-30-2009, 07:53 PM
I had my passenger side window down got home went to roll it up as i pressed the button up the window just fell into the door, the motor part still works but the window isnt attached to it. is there any way i can fix it for how much it will cost to fix.

Jake
08-30-2009, 08:09 PM
I had my passenger side window down got home went to roll it up as i pressed the button up the window just fell into the door, the motor part still works but the window isnt attached to it. is there any way i can fix it for how much it will cost to fix.

You need a new regulator and motor, possibly a new piece that molds to the glass that attaches to the regulator as well

Probably like 250 bucks from the dealer or like 50 bucks off ebay.

lone_wolf025
08-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Why replace everything if they still work? Chances are the sash clip(s) attached to the window broke and made the window fall into the door. Pop off the door panel and look for yourself. If the clips on the window itself are broken its a pain to fix. You gotta melt the epoxy by heating the things with a torch while not causing the glass to break in the process. Then after cleaning (btw don't forget to mark where the clips were) you gotta get some 3M 2part epoxy and re-epoxy the new parts on. I tried it once before...my epoxy job came off so I paid to have it redone.

Its possible the regulator is bad too so make sure you check it out. Motor can be detached if the regulator itself is bad.

This reminds me...I still gotta fix my passenger side window...not looking forward to that ><

icecats87
08-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks im gunna try that i hate having my window taped up =(

rocketfast123
08-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks im gunna try that i hate having my window taped up =(

take the door pannel off and you might be able to jam the window back in the tracks. It wont work but it will stay up so you don't have to tape up your window.

icecats87
08-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Okay so the sash clip's are broken anyone have a good link where to buy them and how to put them on your self